Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech, Field Service Tech, Mechanical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Texas City, Texas, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
City: Texas City
SUMMARY: Additive treatment technicians require strong mechanical aptitude for working out in the field running various types of equipment including pumps, generators and air compressors. Delivering and hooking equipment up to inline injections points inside terminals and refineries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support field sales by providing technical assistance, delivering chemicals and hooking up equipment.
- Inventory and maintain chemical surveillance.
- Assure and maintain that the chemical pump is operating at the correct rate.
- Continuous service reporting in regard to pump function in the field.
- Alters product dosage rates and/or changes product applications in order to meet customer requirements.
- Activates/deactivates feed systems on the basis of safety or performance related determinations.
- Determines the need to bring in additional support if problems are too extensive or unique.
- Reports to job-site punctually and observes all Inspectorate applicable federal and state regulations and standards, Terminal, Refinery, and/or vessel requirements, including safety and measurement standards.
- Maintains a 24-hour on-call status.
- 80% in the field; 20% in the office
- Attends "Key Meetings" with external personnel ashore, on vessels and/or abroad. Represents Inspectorate by appearance and conduct. Behaves ethically at all times.
- Communicates any problems, discrepancies, or other noteworthy incidents to the Operations Supervisor and/or Dispatcher without delay.
- Reviews any discrepancies with Field Manager, signs and returns job order forms.
- Supports and participates in Inspectorate's Business Management System (BMS). Attends company meetings as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: NONE
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education development certificate (GED).
- Knowledge of company HS&E procedures and associated governmental regulations.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form. Ability to deal with problems involving variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid driver's license required with a good driving record.
- TWIC preferred or the ability to obtain.
- Hazmat Endorsement with Commercial Driver's license Preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSE, REGISTRATIONS: Valid drivers license required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in high, precarious places; in outside weather conditions; and near flammable material. Is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat. Possibility of working in enclosed spaces.
Appropriate safety training is provided.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.