Skills: Accounting, Bookkeeper
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Buffalo, New York, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
The AP Team Lead position is a critical function within the accounting department and requires excellent time management and organizational skill to ensure that expenses are booked in a timely and accurate manner.
Accounts Payable Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure proper approvals for all invoices and purchase requests processed by the team
- Review and occasionally enter vouchers in JD Edwards/FLEX (accounting software)
- Enter payments in JD Edwards/FLEX - process check and electronic payments
- Supplier address book maintenance for accounts payable and employees
- Review and upload employee expense reimbursements
- Investigate and reconcile queries on invoices / accounts as needed
- Ensure expenses are recorded in proper business unit and account in general ledger Communicate directly with outside vendors and internal managers daily
- Ensure compliance with sales and use tax requirements for multiple states and various lab locations
- Direct workflow of Accounts Payable team
- Create/maintain Accounts Payable policies and procedures
- Assist manager with other duties according to departmental needs and workload
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.