Monahans, Texas, United States
Monahans, Texas, United States
Skills: LNG, Oil Terminal / Storage Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Monahans, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Transportation manager in Monahans, TX.
• Oversee & manage West TX transport operations for LPG, Crude and Water
• Be familiar with Crude operational practices including Sour Operations, managing leases, arranging lease assessments and overall safe operations
• Supervise drivers, mechanics and administrative staff based at Monahans Transport terminal which includes managing vacation schedules, setting clear direction and expectations and providing leadership for all direct reports consistent with overall Targa Transport goals
• Ensuring that all drivers are performing daily dispatch to Targa standards, meeting all loads and submitting all required paperwork electronically using in-cab scanners, tablets and other wireless technology.
• Conduct annual performance reviews with all direct reports and provide guidance/discipline as required in accordance with Targa policies
• Oversee in-house maintenance shop to insure that mandatory inspections are completed, preventative maintenance is being conducted and that the shop is being maintained to appropriate standards consistent with Targa policy and regulatory standards
• Implement Targa's safety management program for all drivers insuring that all drivers and equipment are in compliance in coordination with Targa ESH policy and fully trained as required
• Insure that Targa is in compliance for all required permits for drivers and equipment within geographical area for all products including the maintenance of DOT files for all equipment.
• Coordinate with local operations (Targa & Customer) as well as Targa dispatch to solve logistics & operational problems to insure all demand is met & that drivers utilization & scheduling is optimized
• Act as liaison with Targa commercial teams for operational expertise and to provide feedback and evaluation on commercial activities with the goal of growing the business.
• Provide emergency response and incident management for all transport incidents in region which includes overseeing the safe disposition of assets, products and working as a liaison to local law enforcement
• Participate on Targa's transport incident review committee
• Be familiar with all DOT regulations for fleet operations, ensuring that all drivers are compliant; investigating identified exceptions and providing training
• Set & Manage the West Texas Transport OPEX budget including revenue reporting, payroll, in-house maintenance and 3rd party maintenance
• Report on periodic operational metrics utilizing ELD (GeoTab), TMS (CSI Roads) and Excel.
• Working with Business Analyst to complete monthly accounting "flash" process to update financial performance to plan with respect to OPEX and CAPEX costs
• Participate as part of Commercial Transportation management team for overall goal setting including driver pay, scheduling, and evaluating growth opportunities
• Participate in weekly meetings for transportation (rail/truck/barge) coordination and operations
• Work with vendors as required to purchase/lease equipment suitable for conditions and products being hauled
• Oversee office administration including accounts payable, payroll, and BOL entry for invoice generation
• Schedule 3rd party maintenance with vendors, drivers and dispatchers
• Order parts and manage/maintain shop inventory of tires, lubricants and spare parts with regard to budget management and pro-active management
• Identify staffing needs (drivers) and work to hire as required. Responsibilities will include training and onboarding drivers as per Targa's policies and procedures.
• Overseeing purchase of appropriate safety equipment for all personnel.
• Provide expertise to Targa operations in regards to equipment, product characteristics and measurement
• Evaluate technical skills of drivers, perform driving tests and insure safe product transfer operations
• Provide backup for North TX Transport manager; cover vacations and trade weekend on-call status to manage incidents- this job requires 24/7, 365 day of the year coverage.
Minimum Essential Qualifications (include physical requirements)
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years Transport operational experience at a supervisory level
• Demonstrated expertise with either LPG or Crude oil transport operations
• Possess a detailed knowledge of DOT rules and regulations
• Proficient with Microsoft applications including word, power point and excel
• Able to work independently and be self-directed
• Willing to work after hours including evening, weekends and holidays
• Able to multi-task and juggle competing priorities in a fast paced sometimes intense work environment
• High degree of communication skills and comfortable interacting at all levels of the organization
• Experience working with ELD (Electronic Log Devices) and comfortable working with in-cab wireless devices such as tablets, printers, scanners and hotspots.
Preferred Qualifications (used as a tool to prioritize candidates that meet minimum qualifications)
• 4 year degree from an accredited University
• Previous experience in all commodities Targa manages - LPG, Crude and Water
• Category E Terminal Management certificate
• Possess a valid Class A CDL with Hazmat Endorsement
• Prior maintenance experience
• Previous fleet management experience
• Prior experience with GeoTab (ELD) and working with TMS (Truck Management System)
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.