Skills: Structural Engineering
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Scopus Engineering is looking for a Senior Structural Designer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Aberdeen for a duration of 6 months. You will join the Civil, Structural, Architectural Departme which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for onshore and offshore oil and gas facilities to provide an inherently safe, economical and sustainable solution that meets client demands. In onshore applications, this typically includes large scale refineries and gas terminals and in offshore environments it involves sub-sea and topsides structural systems such as fixed jacket structures, semi-submersible and other floating platforms. Discipline functions range from intelligent modelling, analysis and design of structural systems based in harsh environments through to weight control and architectural engineering.
- Execute design and draughting activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study and Detailed Design)
- Prepare structural drawings and designs from agreed work scopes with minimum input from engineering personnel
- Achieve safety standards as defined in personal performance contract
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance
- Carry out work in accordance with WorleyParsons and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
- Carry out site surveys
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Ensure, as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule
- Maintain required technical quality of work
- Keep up to date with technical developments, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to discipline workscope
- Maintain filing system
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within project
- Provide technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel as required
- Assist Lead/Senior Engineer and others when requested in the execution of their responsibilities and duties
Required qualifications / certification:
- Preparation & checking of structural design deliverables
- Ability to work to own initiative
- Preparation of Construction Workpacks
- Checking of Construction Workpacks
- Preparation & Checking of Material Requisitions
- Knowledge of welded & bolted connections
- Proficient with Autocad 2D & 3D
- Proficient using Navisworks
- Ability to present model reviews and presentations
- Knowledge and use of LFM Software
- Ability to prepare Structural Estimates
- Knowledge and understanding of Pipe Supports
- Ability to read and understand client specifications
- Ability to read and understand Scopes of Work
- Ability to travel offshore / onshore sites and carry out surveys
- Preparation of site sketches
- Ability to prepare survey reports
- Understanding of rigging design & installation practice
- Understands the principles of safety in Structural Design
- Ability to work to and meet planned dates
- Knowledge and understanding of Scopus procedures
- Actively maintaining own competence and continuous development.
- Ensuring learning opportunities are captured and realised.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation.
- Ability to prepare COG calculations
- Ability to liaise with the client where required
- Ability to liaise with vendors where required
About WorleyParsons: WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services. We cover the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets, in the hydrocarbons, mineral, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors. Our resources and energy are focused on responding to and meeting the needs of our customers over the long term and thereby creating value for our shareholders. WorleyParsons is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:WOR).