Skills: Maintenance Manager
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To define
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
With over 125 years of experience, KCA Deutag is one of the world's leading drilling and engineering contractors working onshore and offshore with a focus on safety, quality and operational performance. We operate approximately 100 drilling rigs in over 20 countries employing more than 8000 people in Africa, Europe, Russia, the Middle East, the Caspian Sea, South East Asia and The Americas.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor (Mechanical or Electrical) to join one of our North Sea platforms on a permanent basis.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible to the Senior Company Representative for the maintenance of all equipment within KCA Deutag scope / area of responsibility and for the health and safety of all persons under their authority.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained and repaired promptly.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance programme in accordance with Group repair and preventative maintenance procedures as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Ensure that all Third Party personnel including Service Engineers comply with Group and Installation Safety Procedures.
- Ensure that all equipment under their control complies with statutory requirements and is maintained at all times in a safe condition or is otherwise completely withdrawn from service, including tools and instruments in their care.
- Plan maintenance and repair tasks so as to minimise the affect on the drilling operation.
- Update or modify any drawings, sketches or information on existing and replacement equipment as required or provide such information to management.
- Report any misuse of equipment to the Senior Company Representative.
- Ensure that an adequate supply of spare parts is maintained on the installation and is stored in environmentally sound conditions.
- Check materials offloaded and complete manifests and requisitions for mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Carry out and record the maintenance tasks specified by the computerised maintenance system.
- Ensure that all the Group's reporting system data sheets are completed e.g. Maintenance/Repair/Replacement job cards.
- Carry out tasks as part of a multi-discipline maintenance team as operational requirements dictate.
- Provide such information to shorebased engineering personnel as may be required for the smooth operation of Group maintenance objectives.
- Recommend and when required embody modifications to equipment or systems to enhance safety, improve rig performance or comply with statutory notices.
- Liaise with client supervisors on any matters relating to the safe operation of the installation.
- Monitor any rig equipment supplied by other contractors or sub-contractors to ensure that it is suitable for use within the areas desired.
- Accompany representatives of certifying authorities on inspections of the installation as required.
- Liaise with other Maintenance Supervisors in the field.
- Liaise regularly with shore based maintenance personnel.
- Stand-in for alternative work discipline as required.
- Complete any other reasonable tasks as delegated by Line Supervisor.
- Attend, at Group base or Client premises, meetings and additional training, as may be required.
- Attain Area Authority status to cover as Drilling Area Authority when called to do so e.g. Hot Stack and Rig Reactivation / De activation.
Key Skills & Experience and Certification:
- Recent operational experience
- Mechanical OR Electrical Discipline: Apprenticeship/Trade Papers/Trade Qualifications/NVQ/SVQ Level 3
- If Electrical Discipline - Hazardous Area CompEx Competency (EX01-EX04)
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay & Benefits package
- Structured Training, Development & Career Progression
- Global Opportunities
Magnus, North Sea
About KCA Deutag
KCA Deutag is currently the drilling contractor on approximately 40 offshore platforms worldwide. The company also owns and operates a fleet of approximately 60 land drilling rigs. Our six Core Values define 'the KCA Deutag way' and are underpinned by our Policies, Standards and Procedures. They help guide our business approach and culture and our people in working safely, effectively and ethically across our operations.