Skills: Design Engineer
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Graduate Piping Design Engineer
WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services for our customers. As a global company, originating in Australia we employ over 25,000 personnel across 42 countries.
As a WorleyParsons Graduate you will join the Integrated Solutions business, based in Aberdeen, which delivers maintenance, modification, operations, engineering, fabrication, construction, hook-up and commissioning in support of greenfield and brownfield assets globally.
WorleyParsons recognises the importance of continual development, therefore you will join a four year structured programme, designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills and experience required as a Piping Design Engineer. You will join the Piping and Plant Layout Department and will work with a team of Piping Designers and Engineers who will challenge and support you throughout your Graduate Program. Our structured programme is designed to provide Graduates joining the Engineering function of WorleyParsons with first-hand training and development, where you will also have the opportunity to achieve Professional Accreditation.
Throughout the development programme you will become competent in the following:
- Review and gain an understanding of technical documents (specifications, P&IDs, calculation notes, drawings, etc.) in order to assess the scope of the studies required and the potential risks.
- Gain knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation and an understanding of the principles of safety in Piping Design Basic knowledge and Pipe Supports.
- Understand and originate Scope of Work (SOW) for surveys and survey reports.
- Development of Plant Layout in a 2D and/or 3D (PDMS) environment in close collaboration with other technical disciplines, in addition to providing model screenshots for project meetings / offshore personnel.
- Opportunity to travel to offshore and/or onshore sites and carry out surveys.
- Gain knowledge and use of LFM Software (Point Cloud) and PDMS Draft.
- Preparation and self-checking of piping design deliverables, wall thickness calculations, SP datasheets and site sketches.
- Produce Material Take-off (MTO) for the estimating and purchasing of piping components.
- Carry out PED Assessments and create PED Technical Files.
- Attend and participate in internal/external design reviews.
- Understanding of PER and the compilation of PED Technical files.
- Create and provide input into CTR estimates and AMEST; estimating the number of isometrics / hours required to complete a job.
- Review valve / equipment vendor quotes and documentation to ensure the 3D model is kept up-to-date with latest information. Liaise with relevant disciplines regarding vendor information.
- Review construction workpacks alongside Piping / Construction engineer to ensure all drawings and relevant information is present.
- Hold responsibility for a valve package.
- Essential - HND or BEng in appropriate discipline
- Desirable - MEng Degree in appropriate discipline
Experience and Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills:
- Proven experience in Piping Design or / relevant previous work, summer placement or year in industry experience is desirable
- Demonstrable clear written / spoken communication skills
- Professional demeanour
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated with an innovative and analytical mind
- Maintains pride in presentation/output, enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn.
- Flexible with a can-do attitude
- Commitment to involvement in industry / educational / STEM seminars and activities
- Determination to achieve IMechE Chartered Engineer status
About WorleyParsons: WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services. We cover the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets, in the hydrocarbons, mineral, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors. Our resources and energy are focused on responding to and meeting the needs of our customers over the long term and thereby creating value for our shareholders. WorleyParsons is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:WOR).