Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services for our customers. As a global company, originating in Australia we employ over 25,000 personnel across 42 countries.
As a WorleyParsons Graduate you will join the Integrated Solutions business, based in Aberdeen, which delivers maintenance, modification, operations, engineering, fabrication, construction, hook-up and commissioning in support of greenfield and brownfield assets globally.
WorleyParsons recognises the importance of continual development, therefore you will join a four year structured programme, designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills and experience required as an Instrument Engineer. You will join the Control, Instrumentation and Telecoms Department which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for both onshore and offshore Oil & Gas facilities. Our work includes specification and requisitioning of Control, Instrumentation and Telecoms equipment, as well as preparing detailed installation design packages, with emphasis on safety in design and high quality in our deliverables.
Our structured programme is designed to provide Graduates joining the Engineering function of WorleyParsons with first-hand training and development, where you will also have the opportunity to achieve membership of an Engineering Institution and Chartered Engineer status.
Throughout the development programme you will become competent in the following:
- Execute work in accordance with relevant WorleyParsons Standards and Procedures
- Complete instrument discipline activities and deliverables (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design)
- Ensure the required technical quality and integrity of work delivered
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant codes, standards, regulations and procedures
- Ensure, as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the project Change Control Process
- Develop awareness of technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the Instrument Discipline
- Prepare estimates and schedules for review
- Maintain good communication with other discipline and client engineers
- Essential - MEng in an appropriate Engineering subject
Experience and Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills:
- Relevant previous work, summer placement or year in industry experience is desirable
- Demonstrable clear written / spoken communication skills
- Professional demeanour
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated with an innovative and analytical mind
- Maintains pride in presentation/output, enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn.
- Flexible with a can-do attitude
- Commitment to involvement in industry / educational / STEM seminars and activities
- Determination to achieve IET Chartered Engineer status
About WorleyParsons: WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services. We cover the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets, in the hydrocarbons, mineral, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors. Our resources and energy are focused on responding to and meeting the needs of our customers over the long term and thereby creating value for our shareholders. WorleyParsons is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:WOR).