Skills: Design Engineer
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
WorleyParsons are recruiting a Trainee Instrument Designer:
The Control Instrumentation & Telecoms Department provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for process automation and telecommunications systems for onshore and offshore Oil & Gas facilities. Our work includes specification and requisitioning of Control, Instrumentation and Telecoms equipment, as well as preparing detailed installation design packages, with emphasis on safety in design and high quality in our deliverables.
- Prepare Instrument drawings and design deliverables to the required technical quality with guidance from engineering personnel
- Assist in the preparation of design/engineering documentation
- Undertake tasks on behalf of senior personnel as directed
- Develop awareness of relevant Codes and Standards and Procedures
- Assist with surveys necessary to develop area of work assigned
- Develop awareness of relevant engineering technology
- Develop and demonstrate personal self-motivation
- Develop an appreciation of own and other disciplines' activities within a project
Required qualifications / certification:
- HNC Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Personal qualities and skills:
- Professional demeanour
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Maintains pride in presentation / output Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn Flexible with a can-do attitude
About WorleyParsons: WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services. We cover the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets, in the hydrocarbons, mineral, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors. Our resources and energy are focused on responding to and meeting the needs of our customers over the long term and thereby creating value for our shareholders. WorleyParsons is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:WOR).