Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Scopus Engineering is looking for an Instrumentation Designer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Aberdeen for 6 months.
You will join the Control Instrumentation Department which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for process automation and telecommunications systems for onshore and offshore Oil & Gas facilities. Our work includes specification and requisitioning of Control, Instrumentation and Telecoms equipment, as well as preparing detailed installation design packages, with emphasis on safety in design and high quality in our deliverables.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Work under the supervision of Senior Designers to ensure that asset or project discipline draughting activities are executed within budget and schedule, while maintaining technical integrity.
- Execute design and draughting activities (Concept, Front end Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design).
- Prepare instrument drawings and designs to the required technical quality with minimum input from engineering personnel.
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance.
- Maintain the required technical quality of work.
- Carry out site visits where necessary.
- Commitment to and promotion of Scopus's values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- Carry out work in accordance with Scopus and project Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality systems.
- Preparation of Instrument, Fire & Gas and Telecommunication design deliverables
- Self-checking of all deliverables
- Preparation of Construction Workpacks
- Preparation of Material Requisitions/MTO's
- Proficient with Autocad 2D and / or Microstation
- Ability to read and understand client specifications
- Ability to read and understand Scopes of Work
- Preparation of site sketches
- Competent in preparing survey reports
- Competent in delivering site (onshore/offshore) surveys
- Work to planned dates
- Knowledge and understanding of Scopus procedures
- Actively maintaining own competence and continuous development.
- Ensuring learning opportunities are captured and made visible.
- Keep up to date with technical developments, national and International standards and legistive
- requirements related to the discipline.
- Understands the principles of safety in Instrument, Fire & Gas and Telecommunications design
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to liaise with the client where required and demonstrate appropriate behaviors
- Ability to liaise with vendors where required
- Encourage and provide lateral learning within the discipline
About WorleyParsons: WorleyParsons delivers projects, provides expertise in engineering, procurement and construction and offers a wide range of consulting and advisory services. We cover the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets, in the hydrocarbons, mineral, metals, chemicals and infrastructure sectors. Our resources and energy are focused on responding to and meeting the needs of our customers over the long term and thereby creating value for our shareholders. WorleyParsons is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:WOR)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.