Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst in our Tulsa office location.
The Senior Business Analyst provides analytical, financial, and budgetary support of budget projects by analyzing financial data, and develop complex reports for forecasting and results analysis. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS): Education & License:
- Maintains Excel-based operating/revenue forecast models for gas gathering and processing facilities in the Southern Field Gathering & Processing business segment. Gather and validate model inputs, expenses, commodity pricing and other information needed for input into the model
- Prepare monthly operating and gross margin forecasts for management
- Perform detailed variance analysis for the forecast and prepare variance explanations for multiple stakeholder groups
- Prepare and maintain monthly capital expenditure forecasts and variance explanations for management review. Work directly with Engineering, Operations and Commercial teams to gather information needed to incorporate changes into the overall capital forecast for the assigned operating area
- Develop in-depth, working knowledge of all material contracts for the assigned operating area, ensure forecast model reflects latest contract terms and assist with commercial contract valuation as needed
- Using the forecast model as a template, gather data needed from Operations, Commercial, Optimization, Corporate Planning and other groups to coordinate and prepare the one-year and five-year annual operating budget and associated presentation materials for the assigned operating area
- Utilize the ERP system to support the forecast and budget processes
- Assist with preparation of both Commercial and Board presentation materials
- Prepare ad-hoc and/or operational models and analysis as needed to assist in decision support and review of the assigned operating area
- Work closely with the Accounting group to collect performance and settlement data for the assigned operating area and identify and resolve potential errors
- Regular and reliable attendance is required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related subject
- Minimum 5 years of midstream energy industry experience (gas gathering and processing experience preferred).
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors
- An organized and detail-oriented self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work self-sufficiently given direction and resources
- Well-grounded, preferring to work in a collegial and team environment
- Ability to think critically, solve problems independently and exercise excellent judgment and common sense
- Intermediate computer skills (Proficiency in MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Midstream gathering and processing experience (5 + years)
- Advanced skill and experience with Microsoft Excel (emphasis on economic modeling, analytics, etc. for midstream energy businesses) and PowerPoint.
- SQL Experience
- Ability for periodic travel
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
- This description reflects management's assignment of essential job functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
- This job description is subject to change at any time
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.