The Daytime Operations Technician is a member of the Production department and reports to the Discipline Responsible Production. The Daytime Operations Technician shall work as a part of a daytime process technician team responsible for carrying out process equipment isolation and preparation in accordance with a scheduled maintenance plan as well as other process related jobs within the production discipline.
The Daytime Operations Technician may also alternatively report to Shift leader and be a part of the shift team in rotation in accordance with work and manpower demands.
- Compliance with Legal requirements and Shell standards.
- Compliant with system and equipment procedures as well as offering continuous improvement according to best practices.
- Compliance with Shell Life Saving Rules.
Shell entered Norway in 1912 as a supplier of fuel to the fishing fleet in the northern part of the country. Since then we have been a part of everyday life of many Norwegians.
In Norway, Shell have made the impossible possible. We discovered the giant Troll field in 1979. To access these enormous resources of gas and oil, we built the largest structure ever moved by man - the Troll A platform. It still has decades left to produce natural gas for Europe, creating a huge value for Norway.
The Ormen Lange field again defined new standards for what is possible. We remotely operate wells 1,000 meters below the sea surface and export the gas via the Nyhamna processing plant to customers in the UK - who rely on us for more than 20% of their gas consumption.
Knarr was added to our operated portfolio when Shell combined with BG in 2016 and has exceeded expectations for production volumes and uptime.
Shell seeks to further develop our activity in Norway. We explore to find more energy on the Norwegian Continental Shelf. We share Norway's commitment to address climate change.
A/S Norske Shell is a partner in Norway's' full scale carbon capture and storage (CCS) project as well as the world's largest CCS test facility at Mongstad. We also actively chase opportunities in new energies.Requirements *
Skills & Requirements :
- Must be capable of meeting competence development goals and training programs self dependently in accordance with the competence profile belonging to the position.
- Main working language: Norwegian- Fluent
- Basic level oral and written English.
- Preferably experience from onshore and offshore oil and gas installation plants.
- Education requirements: Technical College or certificate of completed apprenticeship within process and chemistry (Strong relevant experience within the field may replace parts of formal education).
- A drive for continuous improvement, including application of new technology and new ways of working. Self-driven and strong finishing capabilities. Proactive and understand assets priorities and adopt continuously.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging LGBT people, ethnic minorities, female talent and people with disabilities to apply.