The Reliability Engineer is a key role in Shell Norco Refinery based in Louisiana. In this role, you will drive continuous improvement of availability, reliability and health of the refinery's equipment to reduce facility deferment.
The Purpose for the Reliability Engineer is to:
- Maximize defect elimination by ensuring the identification, prioritization, and mitigation of reliability threats across site has become standard work via the Manage Threats and Opportunities (MTO) Work Process.
- Optimize equipment costs, availability and sustainability through the Manage Equipment Care (MEC) Work Process.
- Minimize cost and the amount of change to the facilities by ensuring a problem is well defined and understood before solutions are developed (grow causal reasoning/learning at the site).
- Maximize the Production Team effectiveness by ensuring the team is working on the highest priority activities to deliver the Business Plan (ensure consistent risk assessment across site).
- Support the long-term Business Plan development by championing the Reliability Improvement Strategies and & Improvement Plans for the Site and Production Teams.
- Leads MTO Work Process within their Production Team including managing MTO Business Plan.
- Leads MEC Work Process within their Production Teams, including Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM).
- Helps ensure work process interfaces are functioning and healthy especially among MTO, MEC, and Maintenance Execution (ME).
- Proactively seek to understand failures that resulted or could have resulted in production losses.
- Ensures that Unplanned Downtime incident events are investigated - be the Production team conscience for Causal Learning.
- Equips individuals and teams in the knowledge, concepts, and skills to analyze and mitigate equipment failures.
- Applies Reliability Engineering principles including but not limited to: Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Reliability Block Diagram (RBD), Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA), Crow-AMSAA methodology, Weibull analysis, etc.
- Focuses on reliability issues and not fire fighting issues - work mainly strategically not tactically.
- Analyzes & communicates Reliability-related performance data to the site including site leadership, core & enabling teams, and production teams as needed.
- Assists in development and delivery of the site's Reliability Strategy & Improvement Plan. Ensures annual strategy preparation is data-based using Reliability Engineering tools and Global Utilization System (GUS).
- Clear alignment on top threats and mitigations through effective application of MTO.
- Delivery of MEC/RCM implementation strategies.
- Management of Asset Care Plans for their Production Teams.
- Coordination of short-term
- Causal learning being applied on unplanned downtime events and corrective actions being taken as appropriate.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline is a MUST.
- Minimum six (6) years manufacturing/refinery/chemical plant experience.
- Demonstrated Reliability and Maintenance engineering principles and applications
- Proven Process Management knowledge as incumbent will be expected to co-manage the Manage Threats & Opportunities (MTO) process and linkage to other reliability process.
- Proven Ability to balance short term and longer term reliability threats.
- Process and detail oriented
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in working cross culturally and virtually a plus
- Robust Communication and Stakeholder Management Skills
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.