The Market Risk Analyst position is responsible for daily risk reporting to ensure compliance with Risk Policies and Limits as well as providing risk analysis for proposed transactions. The ideal individual will utilize his/her advanced skills (analytical, numerical and statistical) to help assess, analyze, and monitor market risk in a trading environment.Responsibilities
- Producing a daily analysis and explanation for business unit positions, exposure, and P&L in a timely and accurate manner.
- Providing business explanations for the monthly financial results.
- Supporting and maintaining the Company's internal control environment to ensure compliance with all risk policies and trading controls.
- Ensuring that the representation of complex transactions in Shell's systems of record provides a fair picture of the associated risks.
- Liaising with Front Office on the risk analysis related to its current portfolio and proposed transactions.
- Providing daily exposure information used to calculate and back test VaR and other risk measures.
- Supporting modeling analysis for possible trading scenarios and structured products.
- Additional duties will vary and may include work in risk modelling and analysis, and development work in the areas of market, credit and operational risk, and providing back up for the responsibilities of other Risk Team members.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field.
- Minimum three (3) years' working experience and knowledge on financial products/contracts used in commodity trading and risk management (swaps, options, futures and forwards).
- Working knowledge of Endur or similar trading systems and risk tools.
- Excellent analytical skills, self-motivated and capable of independent achievement.
- Strong business analysis, modeling and problem solving skills with a technical propensity and strong follow-through.
- Organized and able to manage multiple activities and programs in a timely manner and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work with and be part of several different teams in an open trade floor environment.
- Ability to juggle tasks in a fast-paced work environment in order to drive consistent process improvement and meet deadlines.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and handle multiple priorities.
- Passion to excel (setting high standards, delivers results).
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.