Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Wood is searching for Instrumentation & Electrical Technician with experience on an offshore production platform in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Houma, LA.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Troubleshoots breakdowns, diagnoses faults and executes repairs; Refers problems to the supervisor; Maintains good housekeeping at work site and ensure tools and equipment are kept in good working order
- Must be able to troubleshoot problems with Omni/PLC system and HMI software
- Receives daily instructions and obtains required materials and equipment from the supervisor
- Must be able to build panels from drawings and troubleshoot Omni
- Adheres to all safety rules and regulations in carrying out work including following detailed procedures indicated in work permits
- Additional duties as instructed by supervisor
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 3-5 years of instrumentation and electrical experience required
Preferred: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; 5+ years' offshore experience on a production platform preferred
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.