Skills: Maintenance Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Dunn Center, North Dakota, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Civil Maintenance Facilities Specialist - Dunn Center, ND
This position will report to the Civil Maintenance Supervisor. This person will be accountable for all minor and major repairs and maintenance to road, ROW, and locations for the Bakken Asset Team Southern Operations.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Promotes an inclusive work environment.
- Promotes, supports and exhibits an active Health, Environment and Safety culture at all times, following all established procedures and guidelines.
- Support pre-job and hazard assessment planning.
- Accountable for minor and major repair to lease roads including but not limited to: spot surfacing of roads, major road resurfacing, road rehabilitation, ditch repair, erosion repair, culvert repair and installation, and cattle guard repair and installation to ensure longevity of the road surface and cost effectiveness of resurfacing and repairs.
- Witnessing of line crossings by other operators, utilities and midstream companies to ensure MOC assets remain undisturbed.
- ROW inspection
- Accountable for all coordination of snow removal activities on lease roads and locations.
- Accountable for all dust control activities on lease roads and locations.
- Works collaboratively with HES, Land and Operations to ensure repairs made limit or eliminate all surface runoff to adjacent properties.
- Works collaboratively with HES, Land, and Landowners to identify and address any issues that may violate state or federal rules and regulations.
- Ensuring maintenance activities on pipeline ROW are completed appropriately in accordance with our ROW Maintenance Agreement with Tesoro.
- Coordination of cleanup activities in the event of a fluid release.
- Drive continued improvements in Safety Culture and ensure safe and environmentally responsible work practices by clearly communicating and living HES values, proactively managing contract labor force, ensuring timely completion of and participating in field audits, inspections and maintenance related work orders.
- Works collaboratively with production staff to maximize production, control costs, and minimize downtime in a safe, clean and responsible manner.
- Lead and provide direction for all employees and contractors working within the area of responsibility. Manage contractor usage to achieve safe and cost-effective results. Includes providing coaching and mentoring of contractors and employees.
- Plan and coordinate future maintenance events. Communicate the plans and results to team members and management.
- Ensures all maintenance activities are driven through SAP PM.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Oil and Gas and Civil Construction experience a plus
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, experience with SAP PM preferred
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you're a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You'll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Dunn Center || ND || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Field and Drilling Operations || Not Applicable || || 29870 ||
Marathon Oil – Where You Can Make A Difference
Marathon Oil became an independent E&P company on July 1, 2011. Based in Houston, we're focused on the most significant oil-rich resource plays in the U.S. -- the Eagle Ford in Texas, Permian in New Mexico, STACK and SCOOP in Oklahoma, and the Bakken in North Dakota. We also have international operations in Europe and Africa. While we feel like a start-up in many ways, our roots go back 130 years to our company's formation in 1887. Our stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MRO.
We’re on a transformative path, with a variety of exceptional opportunities for people who are up to the challenge. If that’s you – if you’re seeking a challenge and ready to make a difference – you could be the right fit to help drive our future. Our U.S. exploration and development assets offer energy professionals exposure to projects from early-stage evaluation through production. Our producing international assets provide a broader perspective on the world’s energy challenges.
We have more than just opportunity to offer. We’re invested in equipping our people for an entire career – from advancing technical skills through to developing the leadership behaviors and skills that will take our business forward. Our competitive compensation and benefits package goes beyond the basics to include a wellness program, self-funded (with company match) and company-funded retirement plans, flexible hours in some positions and tuition reimbursement. Grow your career with us.
Marathon Oil is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.