Midland, Texas, United States
Midland, Texas, United States
Skills: Supply Chain Management, Workover or Completion
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
This position is located in Midland, TX as a member of the Supply Chain Management (SCM) group supporting drilling and/or completion operations focusing on mid-range categories.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Supply Chain Management required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Oil/Gas industry with Operator, Service or Engineering Company preferred
- Knowledge of drilling and completions operations, services, and equipment a must
- Proven track record of delivering advantageous commercial results across a variety of capital and operating spend categories
- Strong analytical, strategic, and interpersonal skills to effectively influence change and return additional value from major spend categories
- Proven ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal Stakeholders as well as with external suppliers
- Proven ability to assess, prioritize and respond to urgent situations on a timely basis
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Working experience with SAP is preferred.
- Strong financial analysis skills (TCO, NPV, ROR, own versus rent, etc.)
- Market analysis/research skills
- Project Management experience
- Ability to facilitate and lead a cross-functional team
- Utilize spend data to categorize and develop category strategies for the mid-range commodities assigned, which includes confirming user requirements, understanding the supply markets for the category, developing and executing sourcing strategy (RFP, RFI etc.).
- Develops a sourcing strategy with Operations by assessing bargaining position, evaluating alternative strategies and selecting appropriate approaches and techniques.
- Actively collaborates with Supply Chain colleagues in other APC Business units to identify leveraging opportunities and share best practices
- Identifies qualified suppliers by working with Operations in determining supplier value-added capabilities.
- Evaluates, negotiates and selects suppliers jointly with Operations.
- Plans and implements transition to new suppliers with Operations, implements agreements and pricing.
- Manages the assigned goods and services commodity in a way that aligns suppliers and company's strategies and increases the opportunity for technological innovation so that the company receives the maximum value for the commodity.
- Learns the suppliers and the markets impacting the suppliers, learns the internal and external cost and value drivers.
- In some cases, more advanced skills will include implementing continuous process improvement (CPI), and ensuring performance metrics are developed and tracked to achieve superior supplier performance, quality and innovation.
- In addition, this role tracks benefits, manages contracts, monitors compliance and shares technological advances with internal stakeholders.
Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Distribution, Business, Finance, Economics or other related areas of study; MBA a plus.
Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) is preferred.
This position may be eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 10-15%
This position is eligible for the 5/40 or 9/80 work schedule.
Anadarko does not offer sponsorship of employment-based non-immigrant visa petitions for this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in recruiting, hiring, developing, compensating and promoting applicants and / or employees. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employee's and applicant's disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following 'Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law'
Anadarko is among the world’s largest independent oil and natural gas exploration and production companies, with headquarters in The Woodlands, Texas. Our diverse portfolio of assets encompasses premier positions in major U.S. onshore shale and oil-focused opportunities in deep-water basins worldwide.
Each day, our 4,500 employees worldwide are focused on living our core values of integrity and trust, servant leadership, commercial focus, people and passion and open communication in all we do. We are committed to our mission of delivering a competitive and sustainable rate of return to shareholders by exploring for, acquiring and developing oil and natural gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare.
We want a diverse set of individuals who share our values and place priority on safety and environmental protection to help us achieve our mission. We’re planning for the future and looking for exceptional people to be part of it. If our values and mission excite and interest you, we want to hear from you! Learn more at www.anadarko.com.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/anadarkopetroleumcorporation
Visit our channel on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/AnadarkoTV
Connect with us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/anadarko-petroleum-corporation
Anadarko is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.