POSITION TITLE: Deepwater Production Engineer LOCATION: Houston, TX TYPE: Direct Hire, Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a fast growing Independent Exploration Oil & Gas Company, has a permanent opportunity for a Deepwater Production Engineer for a direct hire position to be based in Houston, TX. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Deepwater Production Engineer
The Deepwater Production Engineer is responsible for well activities within the framework of company's policies and procedures and in compliance of applicable regulations. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Day-to-day monitoring of production and well related activities for fields
- Provide responsive engineering advice, study results, and compelling recommendations to the team in a timely manner
- Balancing day-to-day operational priorities with longer-term strategic objectives.
- Develop recommendations and influence operator actions
- Ongoing production reporting to Management
- Develop procedures and guide team when bringing wells online
- Import best practice and key learning's from the Operator
- Ensure timely receipt of key operating data from Operator to evaluate well/field performance
- Support HSE initiatives and ensure compliance with the agreed HSE procedures/policies and Management Standards
- Attend meetings with Operator/Partners and be prepared to influence Operator actions
- Identify production enhancement and de-bottlenecking opportunities for deepwater fields
- Monitor and analyze well performance including nodal analysis modeling (PROSPER), decline curve analysis, and pressure transient analysis
- Monitor and analyze field performance including network modeling (GAP), material balance modeling (MBAL), and downtime/choke modeling
- Responsible for developing Flow Assurance procedures that include hydrate, paraffin, and asphaltene mitigation.
- Progress well related AFEs through GOM (Gulf of Mexico) JIU approval process including preparation of project justification pack and economic evaluation
- Work with the Operator to develop and maintain an understanding of issues that could hinder delivery of the production forecast to enable early identification of problems and associated mitigations
- Maintain OFM databases for evaluating and reporting production performance
- Develop and maintain networks/relationships with key peers and colleagues in others teams for purposes of knowledge sharing.
- Stewardship of all well related AFEs (Expense and Capital)
- Additional experience in dry tree wellwork is a positive
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in upstream oil and gas environment
- Bachelor's degree in petroleum engineering, chemical engineering or related field
- Production monitoring, optimization, short-term forecasting, and production operations
- Experience with completion design/operations - conceptual through production including artificial lift, stimulation techniques, gravel pack and fracturing operations, and Smart Well completions
- Experience with deepwater developments
- Knowledge of subsea trees and infrastructure
- Well performance evaluation experience including pressure transient analysis preferred
- Able to organize and prioritize a diverse and heavy workload
- Communicate effectively, both orally in person and using a telephone and in writing
- Recognize personal strengths and weaknesses and be proactive in self-development
- Have a strong sense of integrity and the ability to deal with ethical situations effectively
- Willing to work a demanding and flexible schedule
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a fast growing, Independent Exploration Oil & Gas Company, who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive annual compensation package with short term and long term incentives as well as a comprehensive benefits package, medical coverage, 401K, PTO, and more.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.