Skills: Civil Construction
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Springboro, Ohio, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Wood is currently sourcing for a surveyor with extensive experience to work with our Tri-State region. The surveyor position will be responsible for various land surveying activities for construction projects throughout the region as assigned and directed by the regional Survey Manager. The surveyor will also assist with the same activities for other constructions projects within the same region as directed by the GPS and Survey Director as may be required.
- Establish and localize control for project site using GPS survey equipment
- Perform a topographic survey of the entire project site prior to any excavation or stripping
- Perform additional topographic surveys on a periodic basis as directed by the Survey Manager
- Set up GPS base station and initialize on the project site base post.
- Load the site rover and heavy equipment with all the necessary machine files for the project site and check control
- Check into control points to verify the localization periodically or daily if needed, as directed by Superintendent, Project Manager or the Regional Survey Manager
- Check the elevations and grades of the cutting edge of the blades on all-machines that are using Machine Grade Control GPS
- Check the calibration of all GPS machines (when equipped with sensors) periodically or daily as directed by Superintendent or the regional Survey Manager and recalibrate when necessary
- Layout the limits of all erosion controls as directed by the Project Manager, Assistant Project Manager or General Superintendent
- Set grade stakes if required by the Mass Excavation Foreman
- Stake curb, pavement, walks and other hard surface areas as instructed by the General Superintendent, Project Manager or Survey Manager
- Lay out utilities as instructed by the Pipe Foreman, Superintendent or Survey Manager
- Perform topographic surveys of all completed subgrade and perform utility AsBuilt Surveys of all constructed utility pipe for assigned projects.
Qualifications, Experience and/or Education:
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Land Surveying and 4 years minimum experience;
- Associates degree or 2 year certificate from technical school for Land Surveying and 4 years minimum experience;
- Or any combination of the above mentioned in such that shows a thorough knowledge of basic CAD drafting and the understanding of Civil Construction plans;
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.