Job Description Job Purpose:
Security Officer will assist the Corporate Security Manger for ensuring that best practice for delivery and operating standards for the security of Shell Pakistan Limited Assets i.e., Shell Head Office, Regional Offices, Installations & Depots across Pakistan. The position ensures that people (Shell staff and contractors) in the security team are clear on each other's contribution to Health, Safety, Environment & Security (HSSE) outcomes, are equipped and empowered to seek better ways of working within group HSSE standards and are motivated to improve outcomes based on competitive targets. The Security Officer drives transparent security performance management to all staff and those involved in specific areas within the location, helping to prioritize and align delivery & improvement activities.Key Accountabilities
- Responsible to the Corporate Security Manager for the security provision at Shell sites to ensure that the level of security cover complies, as a minimum, with Group Security Standards.
- Liaise and coordinate daily with the Site Security Focal points.
- Oversee all security incidents at locations and, if necessary, assume responsibility for their investigation to ensure thorough inquiry is conducted. Provide 24/7 "On Call" support to Security Operations.
- Maintain a high level of security awareness among staff and contractors.
- Be aware of and share security-intelligence that helps ensure the assets and staff are protected in the best possible manner.
- Display a high level of Customer Service values, attitudes and behaviors, and encourage a service ethos within the Security team.
- Provide security presence at external Shell events, if applicable, and prepare pre and post-operational reports / Assessments and guidance.
- Support Corporate Security Manager in conducting Security Risk Assessments and Facility Security Plans for the Assets and external events to meet existing or perceived threats.
- Carry out any other duties related to the position as reasonably requested by Site Management.
- Representing Corporate Security in the Head Office Management, Site Management, Health, Safety, Environment & Security, Fire and Business Continuity meetings; Contribute to the operational management of fire safety systems, alarm testing & evacuations.
- Maintain an ongoing interface with relevant Company functions i.e.; Trading & Supply, Retail, Lubricants, Real Estate & Admin Team, Contracts & Procurement, Human Resources, IT & Finance etc.
As one of the world's leading energy companies, Shell plays a key role in helping to meet the world's growing energy demand in economically, environmentally and socially responsible ways. In Pakistan, Shell is the second largest OMC and employs 400+ people directly and over 12,000 indirectly.
Maintaining its legacy of 116 years with a portfolio of robust businesses and international product offering, Shell Pakistan Limited (SPL) continues to meet the energy needs of the country serving over a million customers across the country every day.
Shell in Pakistan is committed to making business decisions that demonstrate economic, social and environmental responsibility. Over the years, SPL has built a diverse Social Investment portfolio aligned with our business activities in Pakistan.Requirements
- Can demonstrate a fair level of experience at implementing Security Risk Management: Security Risk Assessment, risk mitigation measures (physical/technical/ procedural), security planning, staff awareness engagement and management of security guards.
- Ability to work under pressure and shown ability to define and implement "out of the box" and creative solutions.
- Experience in leading and driving change and the ability to further develop the role in the changing needs of sites of responsibility.
- Thorough understanding of legislation, regulation, policies and procedures, relevant to the services to be provided.
- Strong affinity with crisis management, security, hospitality, emergency response and business continuity.
- Females are strongly encouraged to apply
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.