The Plant Maintenance Technician is a key role in our QGC Asset based in Chinchilla. In this role, you will execute preventive and corrective maintenance tasks on plant and equipment, safely and effectively, and provide technical assistance, as required, to the Operations Team. Some of the key responsibilities of this role are:
- Ensure all emergency and urgent work is planned and executed according to the risk ranking of the work.
- Inspect, test, adjust and repair mechanical equipment to satisfy appropriate governing standards.
- Conduct plant walk downs to ensure all new work is identified.
- Demonstrate high quality fault finding skills and the ability to troubleshoot autonomously.
- Ensure all resources are available for work allocation in advance of work execution
- Allocate work from the agreed schedule to the team based on competency
- Accountable for plant maintenance performance delivery
- Identify specific training requirements to enhance safety, competency and production
- Ensure quality work closure in the maintenance management system
- Actively participate in continuous improvement discussion with Technical function
- Review plant maintenance performance metrics to identify areas of improvement
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.Requirements As the successful candidate for the role you should have:
- Trade qualified background with proven maintenance experience in field gas plant / gas pipelines and auxiliary equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in a Maintenance role, ideally involving the operation and maintenance of gas gathering and/or gas compression systems.
- Demonstrated experience in managing manufacturing suppliers and repair contractors.
- Familiar with a wide range of mechanical integrity management processes such as Reliability Centered Maintenance and Root Cause analysis
- Requires strong gas engine experience with maintenance and troubleshooting
- Exposure to reciprocating and screw compression
- Experience in a mechanical operations environment and in maintaining associated mechanical systems
- Experience with Permit to Work (PTW) systems
- Experience with the development of and commitment to, engineering systems, procedures and quality assurance.
- Extensive knowledge of quantifying and assessing risk and developing risk mitigation strategies
Your outstanding communication skills and ability to work with others will foster collaboration with core business areas to provide an engineering service that will ensure asset integrity and optimal performance of the plant & equipment. You will have excellent time management skills drive for results, a solid understanding of the requirements will guarantee your success in this role.
If you have these skills, relevant qualifications, competencies relevant to the gas and energy sector we would love to hear from you. This role is available as a residential position in Chinchilla or the surrounding area and on a FIFO basis.Disclaimer
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.