The Lubricants Supply Chain Projects Manager leads significant supply chain projects and process improvement activities within the Shell Lubricants business in North America.
This role sits on the North American Planning Leadership team. In addition to delivering on agreed commitments this role is also used as a developmental position. This developmental experience is aimed at enabling the successful candidate to obtain a broad range of Lubes Supply Chain experience and exposure, and following successful completion the successful candidate would rotate into a more specialized team leader role, usually within a 9-18 month period.
The type and nature of the projects will be specifically suited to match current business needs plus the successful candidate's strengths, competencies, and development opportunities. Throughout the multiple phases of a project, the Project Manager will be responsible and held accountable for delivery against key milestones. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop overall project Terms of Reference, plan and timeline
- Establish stakeholder mapping and communication structure
- Perform risk management reviews and hazard identification sessions
- Ensure cost are developed and tracked as necessary
- Coordinate progress communications
- Anticipate/mitigate roadblocks
- Elevate issues, as appropriate, to ensure project success while balancing competing projects priorities
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or other related degree
- Minimum five (5) years Supply Chain experience
- Must be able to work with MS of office products and have general IT skills
- Proven Project Management and Coordination Experience
- GSAP experience is an advantage
- Process and detail oriented
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in working cross culturally and virtually a plus
- Robust Communication and Stakeholder Management Skills
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell/Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.