Shell Catalyst is the most technically advanced producer of Refining and Chemical Catalyst globally and supplies catalysts, in addition to Shell assets, to many of the world's largest manufacturing facilities. The Catalyst business consists of 6 global manufacturing facilities and several tolling entities producing greater than 120M lbs of product a year. The Catalyst Manufacturing environment is on a journey to increase and grow production to keep pace with the worldwide demand for its innovative products including enabling the energy transition.
The Operation Excellence Advisor is responsible for delivering Operation Excellence projects to drive business value, leading work process improvement and standardization efforts, and supporting the case for change where necessary. Provides tangible continues Improvement leadership by being the central focal point for Operation Excellence at the site and keeping aligned with Catalyst Business CI deployment strategy and tactics
- Sits on-site LT to understand value drivers and gaps in value delivery, engage in real-time discussion to help align LT on best uses of site resources to close performance gaps
- Actively facilitates business/site improvement projects, by leading improvement project initiatives, facilitating value stream mapping activities, leading kaizen events, etc.
- Works with peers to drive implementation of manufacturing best practices and standardized ways of working across all manufacturing plants
- Tracks value of CI initiatives completed at the site
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- BS in Engineering (Process or Industrial) or BA In Business (Supply Chain Management in Manufacturing)
- 3+ years' experience in a Continuous Improvement role in Manufacturing
- Analytical capabilities and problem-solving abilities are a must
- Strongly desired a candidate with a Process Engineering background
- Strong Supply Chain and Operations Experience
- Leadership skills with the ability to influence senior leaders within Catalyst Manufacturing
- Experience building and executing upon strategies
- Ability to:
- Lead and mentor other leadership team members including junior staff
- Manage a wide variety of disciplines and expectations
- Balance multiple competing priorities, and create the priorities
- Experience with healthy conflict management and resolution
- Knowledge to facilitate kaizen events, value stream mapping sessions, and root cause analyses.
- Knowledge of statistical methods and experimental design
- Ability to multi-task and balance long and short-term goals
- Lean/Lean Six Sigma Certification is preferred but not required
- Excellent Communications and Organization Skills
- Ability to Travel 40% of the time on a regular basis (Port Allen, LA to Michigan, IN)
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.