The Senior Consultant in Global Testing and Lab Practice position is responsible to provide advice and support in the areas of PQ testing and measurement, product release to the customers globally. The customers supported by this position will be mainly in Americas region. However, global support when/where needed will also be part of the accountability of this position.
- The successful candidate is accountable to translate global standards and requirements related to PQ management, specifically in testing and measurement area, into opportunities and actions for our customers
- Provide consultation in the areas of routine lab QA/QC, compliance driven testing requirements, design and building laboratories, advising on equipment selection, special lab testing & measurements, optimizing analytical methods, optimizing lab work flow, providing training and implementing new technologies
- Responsible for executing agreed audits plans per Shell internal requirements and/or International standard, such as ISO17025 for both internal and external customers; be accountable for advice given through reports. Deliver against audit plans together with team members
- Actively involved, as Shell representative, in the international standardization bodies, such as ASTM, ISO, in the relevant testing areas for our customers
- Key to success of this position is to identify/develop and execute value added activities for the customer, either through margin improvement, or potential PQ incident reduction or maintain our license to operate
- He/ She is responsible for delivering the customer support in collaboration with global Pacesetting colleagues, customers at the other hub locations.
- Responsible to maintain relationship with key stakeholders, either at various production sites or in MSE and/or T&S organizations
- Responsible to maintain regular interaction with counter parts in the customer organization to share best practices throughout the region and globally, supporting the implementation of a highly collaborative work environment that is very conducive to creating business impact while also expanding technical skills and business knowledge.
- It is expected this position will have program management responsibility, including securing funding, execution and delivery of the projects that related to the Pacesetting group's main activities
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Bachelor's degree or higher degrees in Chemistry
- 8+ years hands-on experience in the refinery or chemicals laboratory
- 2+ years Supervisory experience in a lab setting
- Working knowledge of US EPA Tier 3 requirements for testing.
- Prior consulting experience in the related area is highly desirable
- A sound understanding of fuels and/or chemicals and all aspects managing its quality and release, or related laboratory tests for product release, as well as in-depth knowledge of quality control practice such as SQC used in the lab is required. Prior experience in International Standardization bodies, such as ASTM, ISO, etc. is a plus
- ISO 9001, 17025, 14001 is highly desirable
- Prior experience of implementing new technology in lab practice is a plus
- Domestic and International travel of up to 30% on a regular basis (west coast, east coast, gulf coast, Canada, Amsterdam)
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.