Participates in the design of a process unit, including establishing process design basis, development of process options and optimization of selected design. Independently applies advanced engineering techniques and analysis within the discipline. Develops designs that require innovation and ingenuity. Work performed with minimal supervision; has considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Implements, modifies, and maintains chemical processes
- Calculates and organizes data for process flow sheets including instrumentation and control considerations
- Models processes and units operations
- Ensures proper sequence of operation
- Prepares specifications and operating instructions for processing equipment
- Develops process flow diagram to define heat and material balance
- Develops process specifications, e.g. distillation columns, pressure vessels, pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, and fired heaters
- Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements
- Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer
- Recognized Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in engineering or technical field from an accredited college or University required
- 4+ years' of experience in the oil/gas and/or EPC industry required, midstream experience preferred
- Experience as a Lead on petrochemical and/or refining projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.