Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
He/She reports to Software Project Manager or Engineering manager.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Researches and assesses next-generation technologies for diagnostics and prognostics of machinery and data-driven modeling and optimization of complex systems and has advanced working knowledge and experience with machine learning algorithms and population-based meta-heuristic optimization methods.
- Generates innovative ideas, establishes new research directions, and shapes and executes on technical projects.
- Maintains state-of-the-art knowledge and contributes to technical discussions and reviews as an expert in related areas of responsibility.
- Applies theoretical knowledge to solve industrial problems.
- Applies engineering knowledge in developing data-driven algorithms for anomaly detection, failure prediction, and optimization.
- Collaborates with field and product engineers to identify key health monitoring parameters of a system.
- Processes large multivariate data sets collected from equipment operations, manufacturing tests, and diagnostic routines.
- Communicates ideas, plans, and results effectively via oral and written reports. - Works effectively with peers, management, operations groups, and outside organizations
- PhD in computer science, mathematics, applied statistics, physics, engineering or similar disciplines with demonstrated research capability.
- Strong background in the fundamentals of probability, statistics, and data visualization (e.g. probability/statistics course of 400 university level or above).
- Immediate availability is an advantage.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
- Learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a good understanding of latest technology trends for developing back end for Cloud applications
- Work on a wide variety of tasks using emerging technologies
Schlumberger Digital Technology offers its professionals a broad aspect of interaction opportunities within leading software industry partners, universities and the large network of Schlumberger Technology Centers around the world, that support Schlumberger activities in more than 85 countries
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.