Skills: Business Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Business Development Manager
Director of Business Development
Type of position
Main area of responsibility
The role of Business Development Manager's main purpose is driving revenue and profitable market share growth within targeted offshore decommissioning services. The job scope covers a wide range of commercial functions, including developing and broadening relationships with existing and new clients, as well as working closely with a broad network of partners and subcontractors to develop unique product offerings. The role will be a primary driver for the company's global strategic growth plans in the offshore decommissioning market in the Americas. Additional focus is required upon Inspection, Repair and Maintenance (IRM) segment.
- Identifying and securing new business with both new and existing clients within the Americas. Regional experience and experience of key account management is a must have credential.
- Identify and develop new commercial opportunities that will allow the company to broaden our remit within the defined market segments.
- Manage market knowledge diligently, maintaining competitor and industry knowledge and utilizing business development tools available (CRM, Sharepoint, Trackers, etc.).
- Ensure business development information is in a form that can be communicated and shared easily across the company.
- Ensure the company is included on any relevant tender lists and conduct win/pursuit plans and provide intelligence to better our position.
- Provide input to tenders working with team members from commercial, engineering, and finance.
- Provide proactive relationship management for existing business and future projects, including utilizing the company's colleagues' contacts for pursuing opportunities.
- Identify and build strategic partnerships, in order to develop unique product offerings.
- Build relationships of trust with all stakeholders - internal and external.
- Build detailed knowledge of the company's products, service capabilities, and contractual instruments common to our activity.
- Ensure that the leadership team has sufficient business development and commercial information so that informed decisions may be taken on current and future projects.
- Interface in a collaborative fashion with both company pillars (Projects & Emergency Response), sharing market intelligence and providing cross-selling of multiple product lines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Clear communicator - able to communicate clearly & effectively verbally & in writing.
- Able to develop close client relationships and establish new ones.
- Work under pressure to deadlines and still deliver high quality output.
- Highly proficient with MS Office tools.
- Structured & able to manage many opportunities and projects simultaneously.
Required / Preferred Training and Education
- Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant discipline (Engineering, Business Administration, Marketing, etc.).
- Proven commercial success in offshore energy industry (min 5 x years).
- Knowledgeable in various types of contracts standard to marine and offshore contracting industry.
- Technically knowledgeable in relevant areas to sell services to offshore energy segment.
- Existing relationships with vendors and clients in target segments strongly preferred.
- Experience developing project business cases a plus.
- Must have extensive industry experience and knowledge, including relevant contacts.
Must be able to travel domestically & internationally as needed, but likely frequently
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Petroplan is an established Global Recruitment Organization supplying technical manpower and administrative services to the oil, gas and petro-chemical industries. Formed in 1976, Petroplan has over three decades’ experience and knowledge of global staffing markets to support feasibility studies through engineering and construction to ongoing operations and maintenance contracts.
Petroplan holds major global supply agreements with leading oil, gas and chemical operators and main contractors on a sole or preferred supplier basis. Our network of offices and strategic partner organizations provide on-the-ground support for clients and contracted individuals and teams in over 30 worldwide locations.
Our key discipline areas, which we regularly recruit for our clients, cover all phases of oil and gas exploration, production and refining projects:
Please visit us at www.petroplan.com for further information on our services and current vacancies.