Skills: Budget / Cost Control
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: $100000 per annum
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title - Project Cost Controller
Location - Houston, TX
Employee Type - Permanent
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas industry. Our client, a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, has a permanent opportunity for a Project Cost Controller to be based in Houston, TX.
The Project Cost Controller is primarily responsible for all finance control required for the management of the project. This individual regularly assess operating results in terms of sales, costs, operating policies, trends and profit improvement opportunities.
- Has oversight of the European Commission accounting principles and execution
- Review European Commission payroll and expense reports
- Review and approve invoices and supporting documents
- Maintaining cash management to ensure sufficient funds for payments
- Assisting Technical Team to simplify and improve current business processes
- Organization and management of testing phase(s)
- Developing of company-specific reports
- Management and tracking of testing progress
- Leading teams consisting of employees and managers to conduct end user testing
- Reviewing existing feedback, information, and documentation to identify pain points, messaging opportunities, and the like/rest
- Coordination of, participation in, and leading of weekly update meetings among HRD, Functional Leads, and Deployment Partner/Consultant
- Ensuring accurate loading of information and data mapping with Deployment Partner and key Project Team Members
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Applied Mathematics
- 5+ years of directly related cost accounting experience in a manufacturing/petrochemical environment
- Strong technology skills, including proficiency with MS office applications (especially Excel) and SAP system
- Must possess a thorough understanding of financial statement construction and analysis
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a global manufacturer of petrochemicals. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Ashlee Vann.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.