Skills: Pipeline Engineering, Subsea Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Our client is an international Oil & Gas Company and is currently seeking for a Subsea Pipeline Lead Engineer in Oman position. Job responsibilities includes but not limited to the following:
The person in this position shall be competent to Bid and Execute Detailed Design Engineering work as subsea pipeline lead engineer of international EPCI Project. Besides that, the candidates shall also be able to provide the necessary technical support to improve Company's technical capability.
The main jobs are summarized as below:
- Able to design, plan, prepare and review documents for projects in a timely manner with high technical quality
- Have ready solutions for designing and installation of project.
- To develop standard procedure and guidelines of subsea pipeline system engineering work, using advanced design methodology with reference of principles from past international projects.
- Provide technical support for marketing development, advising on discipline's future development strategy, or other related projects.
- To hold technical presentation and courses to Company in house engineers
- Give on-job training to Company in house engineers.
- Bachelor degree or above, offshore engineering major or mechanics major
- Shall have minimum 15 years working experience in subsea pipeline engineering design, of which at least 3 projects shall be of subsea pipeline EPCI projects in Middle East area and in which the candidate works as subsea pipeline lead engineer.
- Shall have very good experience working with international well known oil majors
- Familiar with offshore subsea pipeline international codes and standards of latest version, such as DNVGL subsea pipeline standards (especially DNVGL-ST-F101), API, ASME, AISC etc..
- Has been involved in subsea pipeline related linear/ nonlinear, static/dynamic analyses (including global buckling, free-spanning) .
- Expertise in subsea pipeline material, manufacturing procedure and welding is advantageous
- Experience in well-known international marine engineering design companies is preferred.
- Well versed with Finite-Element Analysis software such as ABAQUS, ANSYS, etc.
- Good knowledge in AutoPipe/ OFFPIPE / Orcaflex software.
- Familiar with AutoCAD software and can guide designer to prepare design drawings.
- Have good skilled in programming with Visual Fortran, Visual C++, Excel VBA and second development on commercial Finite-Element Analysis software.