Job Description Position Summary
Rashpetco (a Shell Egypt Joint Venture business) has made a commitment, in support of the Egyptian Oil and Gas Sector Modernisation Programme, to implement an improved Asset Management System (AMS).
AMS will improve Rashpetco's HSE and production performance through the standardisation and simplification of work practices, and bring the company in line with industry best practices, supported by a number of Shell Egypt staff embedded in the Joint Venture.Role Objective
Reporting to the Maintenance Support and Reliability General Manager.
Based at the Idku Onshore Gas Plant, working an equal-time rota. (likely 14/14)
The AMS Coach will be responsible for supporting the successful implementation of AMS work processes at the Idku site, and for supporting sustained performance to maximise value from the AMS programme. Business Deliverables AMS Focal Point (Idku Site)
- Will over a relatively short period of time, become fully familiar with AMS.
- Support all AMS Process Owners to deliver the implementation plan.
- Monitor and evaluate progress against AMS gap closure plans.
- Communicate with and support implementation teams to clarify deliverables.
- Make recommendations to AMS Process Owners with regard to implementation improvements.
- Provide scheduled, ad-hoc or on-demand coaching to individuals or groups on specific elements, sub elements or processes of AMS.
- Identify AMS related knowledge gaps and deliver appropriate coaching.
- Liaise with Shell support networks (Egypt and Global) to rapidly replicate learnings and best practices from other sites.
- Collate appropriate data including supporting documentation and identify quick wins and success stories.
- Celebrate success (team and individual) to reinforce the value proposition of AMS to Joint Venture partners.
- Identify risks to a successful AMS implementation, develop remedial plans and report on these to Rashpetco leadership.
At Shell Egypt, we believe that people are our greatest asset. You will see that our commitment to your career reflects our drive to innovate on many levels. We are committed to supply the world's need for energy in socially and environmentally responsible ways and our commitment to diversity will always be of paramount importance. Shell began operations in Egypt in 1911 and has been a steady presence and employer ever since. In addition, our social investment and development programmes attest to our commitment to make a difference for Egypt's youth. Shell Egypt runs workshop-based sessions aimed at delivering today's practical business skills to students through lectures and training conducted by experienced Shell hires, such as the "Step Towards Progress" (STP) at Cairo University; the "Annual Conference for Engineering Students" (ACES) & the "Give and Gain" programme at Ain Shams University, the "Real Life Project" at the American University of Cairo and the "Al Amal Programme" (Hope Programme).Requirements Key Skills and Behaviours Authenticity
- Engage others with respect while maintaining personal integrity.
- Difficult conversations and increased complexity to be handled with focus on business outcomes at all times.
- Translate intent and business objectives of AMS into meaningful direction for Idku site personnel to ensure all team members are on the 'same page'.
- Encourage AMS team members to take responsibility, ownership and pride in implementing their specific element(s).
- Facilitate working across AMS work streams; remove barriers to collaboration.
- Demonstrate diversity and inclusion of all team members to ensure all good ideas are captured.
- Communicates effectively with all stakeholders; confirms understanding.
- Understand own goals and deliverables; understand how these are aligned with the businesses' objectives and seek improvements wherever possible.
- Track own delivery against plan; seek assistance and feedback on a regular basis.
- Balance constraints of operating in a Joint Venture with quality of results delivery.
The individual will have a broad knowledge and awareness and varying degrees of experience in the following key areas. (Non-exhaustive)
- Planning processes and related software (MS Project / Primavera etc.)
- Continuous improvement practices (LEAN, 6-sigma)
- Behavioral change
- New ways of working
- Data capture and preparation
- Presentation preparation
- Reporting progress updates to stakeholders
- Oil and Gas Industry best practices
- A high degree of proficiency in English language communication (written and spoken) is essential.
The above job description is non-exhaustive and it is anticipated that the dimensions of this role will further evolve as AMS is implemented in Rashpetco.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.