Skills: Rig Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Mina Jebel Ali, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Supervise and Administer the specifications and maintenance of rigging and lifting equipment and other associated lifting activities on the base, ensuring the safe and cost effective performance of load handling activities and lifting staff in support of the offshore facilities.
Key Result Areas (Key Accountabilities)
1. Supervise four main key functions:
a) Specification of new lifting gear and equipment
b) Maintenance and certification of existing lifting gear & equipment
c) Control & Certification of personnel for the execution of lifting duties
d) Control of Lifting Contractors to support offshore and JAOSB.
2. Direct functional support to the workforce by evaluating and motivating to ensure quality of lifting operations is delivered to its best.
3. Provide technical support to the base ensuring quick turnaround of materials and equipment.
4. Evaluate and detect failure causes of lifting equipment.
5. Direct technical analyst to order the required lifting equipment within JAOSB.
6. Maintain and ensure lifting gear & equipment are operational and fit for purpose. Oversee and maintain good housekeeping. Conduct pre job safety meeting and ensure all lifting personnel carryout STAR Audits and strive for continuous improvement.
7. Ensure jobs are carried out as per Clients'(DP) Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Standards and Procedures.
8. Provide technical support, if required to JAOSB Operations, and sourcing as required to achieve their goals and objectives.
9. Responsible for the certification and colour coding on all of the lifting equipment and accessories within JAOSB. Maintains updated records on LiveLink for
certification of Cargo Carrying Units (CCU).
10. Coordinate vendor third party engineers to go off-shore for six monthly re-certification and colour coding of lifting equipment and appliances, and yearly crane certifications.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Job Related Competencies
? 3-year Mechanical Diploma or Apprenticeship in Mechanical Trades.
? Minimum ten years' experience in Lifting Operations, including Rigging Lift Management within the Oil and Gas Industry.
? Experience with ORACLE.
? Self-directed, motivated to achieve team goals, customer oriented and capable of working independently with minimum supervision
? Discussion of planning, supply and maintenance work with the base Team and to participate in defining work scopes (inclusive of contractors) to provide technical lifting support for the various systems disciplines.
? Possess the ability to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
Develop and nurture outside peer circles to ensure the lifting operations performed within the base are consistent with the highest industry standards.
? Good handling of MS Office Tools (Excel, Word, Power Point).
? Fluent in English language, both written and oral. Capable of writing and interpreting technical reports.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Petroplan is an established Global Recruitment Organization supplying technical manpower and administrative services to the oil, gas and petro-chemical industries. Formed in 1976, Petroplan has over three decades’ experience and knowledge of global staffing markets to support feasibility studies through engineering and construction to ongoing operations and maintenance contracts.
Petroplan holds major global supply agreements with leading oil, gas and chemical operators and main contractors on a sole or preferred supplier basis. Our network of offices and strategic partner organizations provide on-the-ground support for clients and contracted individuals and teams in over 30 worldwide locations.
Our key discipline areas, which we regularly recruit for our clients, cover all phases of oil and gas exploration, production and refining projects:
Please visit us at www.petroplan.com for further information on our services and current vacancies.