Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: £18000 per year
Location: Inverurie, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for an IT Technician, permanent role based in Inverurie, Aberdeenshire
Provide key first level support to both customers and IT Engineers. Reporting to the Senior IT Engineer and IT Manager respectively, this position suits an individual with experience providing IT triage support, technical customer service (face to face, on the phone and by email or on-screen chat). The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in a similar role or have a relevant qualification. (E.g HNC/HND level IT qualification, CompTIA A+ or Microsoft Certification).
- General Windows and Mac Desktop support with remote access using MSP Anywhere Control Suite.
- Support, access and maintenance of Windows Servers; e.g. Active Directory, Backup.
- Maintenance and administration of our Customer Relationship Database and internal documentation.
- Maintenance of multiple Microsoft Office 365 administrative consoles; including work on Exchange, Sharepoint and Office online.
- Support for hosted telephony solutions (Gamma Horizon, Vodafone OneNet) and first level response support for Asterisk and Panasonic Hybrid and Analogue Phone systems.
- First level Support for telecoms connectivity; such as Analogue Lines, ADSL, VDSL, Leased Line, EFM, Satellite, Mobile and Wireless ISP. Also support for routing and network technologies from Netgear, Draytek and Ubiquiti.
- First Level Support for an extensive and growing Indoor and outdoor Ubiquiti Wireless base.
- Excellent communication technique and customer service skills.
- An independent and problem-solving attitude.
- A good grounding on network terminology and some experience with switching and routing technology.
- Some demonstrable experience in at least one of our key technical areas (beyond Windows Desktop support):
- Fixed Line Telecoms & internet
- Indoor / Outdoor Wireless Data provision
- Windows Based Servers
- Microsoft Office 365 as a Business service
While not strictly essential as the role is based in the offices; a full, clean driving licence is preferential.