Clamart, Île-de-France, France
Clamart, Île-de-France, France
Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Clamart, Île-de-France, France
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Location: Clamart - France
The Senior Automation Engineer/System Integration Engineer identifies opportunities and supports the introduction and use of new technologies and automation to bring greater efficiencies, lower costs, better quality, and safety to all manufacturing and technology centers.
The candidate will introduce new manufacturing methods and automated equipment for complex electro-mechanical assemblies. He has knowledge of manufacturing technologies, and understands the architecture, specification, hardware design of motion control systems including servo and industrial drives.
Past automation experience in electro-mechanical assemblies in high mix, low volume industries is considered highly valuable.
The position reports to the Manufacturing Modernization Manager for downhole equipment in Clamart - France.
Successful Automation / Robotics Engineers have experience with a wide variety of automation components including motors, drives, sensors and vision systems. They are mechanically inclined, have strong problem-solving skills and understand automated systems, assembly lines realization, industrial robots, 2D/3D computer vision, machine learning, perception and sensing for robot guidance. They also have experience with selection, configuration, software development, and controls of automation including HMI's, PLC, PC and embedded control systems. They understand DCS, SCADA, and automation communication networks and protocols.
They are self-motivated, can work independently with little direction, and have factory floor troubleshooting experience. With effective interpersonal and communication skills they can elicit cooperation from upper management, manufacturing sites, external experts, suppliers, and customers. They work well in a team environment, can meet deadlines, and are willing to travel internationally.
Position is based in Paris area in France. French nationals candidates or candidates with valid residence and legally eligible to work in France as per the applicable law should apply.
• Analyzes, monitors or measures manufacturing processes to identify ways to reduce losses, decrease time requirements, and improve quality.
• Conducts studies to determine feasibility, cost or performance benefits of new automation equipment.
• Manages and co-ordinates project tasks with individual manufacturing and technology centers, and third-party integration and automation solution providers.
• Manages individual project budgets and schedules, and reports progress.
• Ensures contractors work in accordance with project requirements.
• Provides design input based on manufacturability for the automation of industrial tasks.
• Assists with machine testing and debugs design solutions.
• Develops best practices and standardization in automation and robotics.
• Keeps current with all safety codes including NFPA, SME, and NEC.
• Bachelor's degree in mechatronics, industrial, mechanical, manufacturing, or electrical engineering, or computer science. Master's or Ph.D. degree/s preferred.
• Minimum five years' experience in implementing factory automation preferably in aeronautic industry.
• Project management skills with professional certification a plus.
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. We have more than 20 years of experience in delivering world-class service to our customers through integrated projects. These projects range from basic service coordination through to complete development and abandonment of fields. To meet the growing needs of our business we are encouraging applications from experienced professionals who share our passion for delivering excellence in all aspects of project delivery. .
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. .
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.