The Senior Contract Holder is a key role located in our QGC Asset based in Chinchilla. In this role, you will be accountable for the delivery of maintenance contracts across operational assets within Surat Basin. This includes monitoring and managing the contractors to maximise value and ensure their safety, behaviors and performance are aligned with the Company's expectations.Some of the key deliverables and responsibilities of this role are:
- Be part of the Operations Contracts team, working collaboratively with the Service Coordinators, Contract Support Officers and wider MRTA contractors.
- Contract Holder oversight across multiple low to medium risk operations and maintenance contracts.
- Drive value from the contracts through cost control, efficiency improvement and scope optimisation.
- Champion Shell's standards, policies and systems across maintenance contractors and ensure they are accountable for their compliance with QGC requirements.
- Ensure the Contract Owner and Contract Specialists receive regular, concise updates.
- Strong stakeholder engagement. Fostering good collaborative relationships is critical in the role to be able to drive value maximization.
Your interest in working for Shell Australia is the first step towards a great career that focuses on securing an energy future for generations to come. Shell Australia can offer you a platform from which you can propel your career and work on projects as diverse as the game-changing Prelude FLNG, industry-leading QGC project in Queensland, or our range of upstream exploration and development opportunities. Shell has been in Australia since 1901. Today Shell Australia is focused largely in the upstream sector, especially in the exploration, development and production of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and oil.Requirements The candidate we are therefore seeking for this position, will have:
- Extensive demonstrated experience in the monitoring and management of contracts.
- A tertiary qualification (Bachelor or higher degree) in an Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Commercial understanding with an ability to translate commercial strategies to clear outcomes.
- Knowledge in maintenance systems is an advantage.
- Relevant industry experience with demonstrated skills and competencies.
Your outstanding communication skills and ability to work with others will foster collaboration with core business areas. Your excellent time management skills, a drive for results through motivating others and a solid understanding of the requirements will guarantee your success in this role.
If you have these skills, relevant qualifications, competencies related to the petroleum, gas and energy sector, we would love to hear from you.Disclaimer
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development
The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.