- Conduct testing and calibration in compliance with test methods, laboratory procedures, work instructions, and HSE controls.
- Adhere to laboratory sampling and testing schedule for the routine testing request and Laboratory Ad-Hoc Request (LAR) for non-routine testing request including product development testing and experiment.
- Conduct activities in accordance with company HSEQ requirements, business principles, ISO17025, ISO 9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Carries out scheduled calibration, verification and maintenance when required by procedures
- Manage and maintain the focal point of equipment and area according to ISO17025 quality system.
- Support for lab equipment/system upgrade project and new lab technology project.
- Maintain good housekeeping, and ensure filing and documentation are up to date.
- Continuously maintain and identify areas for improvement in the quality system and HSE.
- Continuously strive for improvement in both personal effectiveness and efficiency.
- Carry out activities within established competency levels and request supervision where necessary.
- Participate in Proficiency testing program and round robin
Main Tasks and Targets:
- Alert deviations to Lab Executive (Quality), undertake deviation action within the established guidelines of the work procedures and seek guidance where necessary
- Report to Senior Laboratory Technician/Laboratory Executive (Quality)/Focal point if consumables and standards are low or equipment failure
- Proactive learning in all laboratory activities and continuously improves skill and competence level.
- Support validation of test methods and equipment.
- Special tasks are assigned to each Laboratory Technician for their personal development
- As focal points, to ensure equipment/area under their care are well maintained. Ensure all parts are readily available and optimized to carry out tests efficiently and accurately.
Other Specific Accountabilities:
- Emergency response
Shell is a global leader in power, energy, and gas technology and is working to meet increasing energy demand and supply challenges by delivering smarter products and cleaner energy, infrastructure, and by developing new energy sources while addressing the impact on the environment. Malaysia is one of Shell's heartlands. The history of Royal Dutch Shell in Malaysia started more than 125 years. Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities. We helped pioneer Malaysia's oil and gas industry and fuelled its growth. We discovered Malaysia's first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater. Shell's strong retail network fuels the journeys of millions of Malaysian motorists every day. In fact, Shell is even able to offer one of the most differentiated fuel and lubricant products, some of which were pioneered right here in the country. We fuelled the ambitions of Malaysians: whether the generations of retail business partners; thousands of Shell scholars over the years; young entrepreneurs from our LiveWire programme; or Shell staff and alumni who are Malaysian luminaries today. Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.Requirements
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Diploma or STPM holder in Chemistry and Science stream, other disciplines could be considered.
- Diploma or STPM holder with 1- 2 years relevant laboratory experience is preferred.
- Good track record of consistent top quartile delivery and performance.
- Group leadership profile i.e. 4-element leadership attributes (Authenticity, Growth, Collaboration, and Performance) at AWARENESS level.
- HSSE Competency in Prepare effective management of HSE risk & Apply effective management of HSE risk modules in the HSSE competence Framework. - AWARENESS.
- Production & Mfg Product Quality Control - CD&A SKILL DEFINITION
- Plant operation/manufacturing - AWARENESS
- ISO 17025, ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 standards - AWARENESS
- Problem Solving -AWARENESS
- Project Management - AWARENESS
- HR/People/IR/ER - AWARENESS
- Finance, Procurement, and Contract Management - AWARENESS
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.