Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Akershus, Norway
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Graduate Front End developer, Oslo, Norway
A successful Frontend developer evaluates and implements emerging technologies and provides strategic, innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions to increase efficiency, reliability and integration of Schlumberger services and operations. The Frontend developer plays a key role in the user interface design for our customers' portfolio of business applications, including determining all UX standards for the highest degree of usability, specifically look and feel, navigation, and workflow. He or she continually researches, tests, and outlines updates to our corporate UX standards, working in a semi-autonomous environment where fast prototyping emerging technologies to solve industry-related problems is the rule.
- Collaborates with designers, developers and product owners to implement scalable and interactive applications.
- Identifies and keeps abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- Applies usability procedures and principles
- Produces analyses and designs on which design conclusions are based.
- Builds prototypes suitable for testing and sets up and runs lab simulations.
- Builds sophisticated and elegant user interfaces
- Interacts and engages with customers, users, and product managers and technical architects to understand needs and increase positive impact of users' experience.
Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field (currently finishing or recently graduated)
Familiarity with one or more of the following skills:
- Knowledge of C++/Qt/QML or C#/WPF
- Knowledge of design principles and user interaction and UX standards
- Knowledge of visual aesthetic components: layout, fonts, color, animations, graphic elements
- Have a good understanding of latest frameworks and visual trends
- Sketch and get prototyping in code
- Interest in delivering appealing and easy to use user interfaces
- Able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work on a wide variety of tasks using emerging technologies
- Combine technical skills and design sensibilities
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.