Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Akershus, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Cloud / fullstack software engineers are responsible for designing and developing cloud infrastructures using public clouds, such as Google Cloud, Azure or AWS.
- Be part of the development team and work closely with software developers, project manager and product owner to understand features and technical implementations
- Builds prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and sets up and runs lab simulations.
- Develops and executes unit tests to ensure and maintain source code quality.
- Shares expertise throughout the organization and may provide user training for products.
- Evaluates engineering approaches and risks to produce development plans that ensure high quality, low cost products and systems.
- May author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
- May review, mentor and coach, while define and promote usage of standards, best practices and lessons learned.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art computer technology, equipment, and systems; participates in professional development activities as appropriate
- Apply and comply with the project development process as defined by the Project Manager
Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field (currently finishing or recently graduated)
- Knowledge about or experience working with one or more of the following back-end technologies and frameworks: C#, .NET, .NET-Core, HTTP/REST
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and practices relevant to web development.
- User management, security and identity management
- Good understanding and experience with Agile methodologies like Kanban / SCRUM
- Good written and oral English communications skills
Familiarity or experience with one or more of the following would be a plus:
- Front-end testing frameworks such as Jasmine / Mocha, Protractor / Cypress
- Back-end technologies and frameworks such as WebAPI2, SignalR, Service oriented architecture, Message queue (e.g RabbitMQ/AMQP), IIS, Redis, Dependency Injection, NuGet package management, Service Fabric
- Public clouds such as Azure (preferred), Google Cloud and AWS
- Build management systems like TeamCity or VSTS build.
- Git source control
- Interest in delivering appealing and easy to use user interfaces
- Able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work on a wide variety of tasks using emerging technologies
- Combine technical skills and design sensibilities
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.