Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Akershus, Norway
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
A successful Frontend developer evaluates and implements emerging technologies and provides strategic, innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions to increase efficiency, reliability and integration of Schlumberger services and operations. The candidate plays a key role in the user interface design for our customers' portfolio of business applications, including determining all UX standards for the highest degree of usability, specifically look and feel, navigation, and workflow. The engineer continually researches, tests, and outlines updates to our corporate UX standards, working in a semi-autonomous environment where fast prototyping emerging technologies to solve industry-related problems is the rule. The position reports to the software project manager.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Collaborates with designers, developers and product owners to implement scalable and interactive applications.
- Identifies and keeps abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- Provides technical leadership and documentation to developers and stakeholders.
- Applies usability procedures and principles as defined at project or product-line level or through customer input.
- Produces analyses and designs on which design conclusions are based.
- Builds prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and sets up and runs lab simulations.
- Builds sophisticated and elegant user interfaces
- Contributes to design standards and supports design re-use.
- Interacts and engages with customers, users, and product managers and technical architects to understand needs and increase positive impact of users' experience.
Qualifications and Experience :
- Bachelors or master's degree in computer science or related 2 years or above of relevant experience preferred
- Knowledge of C++/Qt/QML or C#/WPF
- Experience of implementing design, providing UX advice and creating guidelines.
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Interest in delivering appealing and easy to use user interfaces
- Knowledge of design principles and user interaction standards
- Knowledge of visual aesthetic components: layout, fonts, color, animations, graphic elements
- Combine technical skills and design sensibilities
- Strong front end development
- Have a good understanding of latest frameworks and visual trends
- Learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Work on a wide variety of tasks using emerging technologies
- Sketch and get prototyping in code
- Immediate available will be advantage
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.