Job Description What's the role?
As a Maintenance, Turnaround, and Construction (MTAC) Manager, you will be responsible for the leadership, deployment, and capability development of resources, in the areas of maintenance, turnaround and construction to meet the refinery's business objectives.
You can expect to lead and manage the entire MTAC organization - owning the ways of working execution manual and communication in the form of Vision/Mission/Purpose. Additionally, and equally as important, work with the Engineering and Production departments in developing and implementing effective maintenance, turnaround, and construction activities.
More specific duties include:
Where you fit in
- Oversee development of the yearly Maintenance Plan and the Asset Master Plan, in collaboration with the other departments. Oversee Maintenance Execution Processes to assure quality and safety of work in a repeatable manner, including overseeing the Computerized Maintenance Management System regarding work preparation, scheduling and execution. Establish robust site mid- to long-term TA strategy as well as provide adequate resources for effective planning and execution of upcoming TA events (world class HSE performance, within budget and on schedule)
- Create and uphold the Maintenance, Turnaround & Construction Vision & Purpose, and the department's organizational structure, roles & responsibilities, people competency/training and management of contractors
- Ensure healthy interface with the main customer (the Production Department) and other departments such as Engineering and Technology
- Weekly and monthly reviews of spend against Budget, forecast development and driving accountability down the line. Assure TA budgets are competitive compared to Solomon benchmarks and that the work follows the Downstream Recommended Practices
- Act as Site Process Owner for the Maintenance Execution and TA work processes.
- Oversee preparation and execution of process unit Turnarounds including large scale events, all in line with Global-M performance standards and work processes. Support team's active participation in turnaround networks and work closely with production, engineering, and technology managers to improve site facilities technical availability through implementation of best practices and Shell initiatives
- Oversee contracting strategy through to contract implementation and performance management (including contractor HSE performance). Responsible to implement policies and standards in compliance with Downstream One manufacturing standards and continuously ensure these engineering standards and policies remain relevant and applicable.
The MTAC Manager will be part of the Martinez Refinery Leadership team - charged with the management of the overall business performance of the Martinez Refinery.
The MTAC Manager leads a team of professionals who work closely with Production to maximize refinery availability at the lowest sustainable cost and with the site leadership team to assure that capital and turnaround expenditures are being deployed in an optimal manner consistent with company guidelines and best in class performance. In addition to accountabilities for a team of Shell personnel, this function is accountable for optimal utilization of a large contractor organization that supports the planning and execution of projects, construction and turnaround activities throughout the refinery.Company Description
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements What we need from you
aturally, we see you as a seasoned professional with exceptional leadership and management skills. Alongside your leadership experience in the core functions, maintenance, TA and construction, and experience working in the refinery environment, we're keen to hear from men and women with as much of the following on your CV:
- Engineering or Technical Degree with strong business acumen.
- Significant years' experience in refinery or chemicals operations, maintenance and Project engineering and construction
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a manager and leader.
- Ability to develop and implement/execute capital a
- Ability to speak effectively in a wide variety of forums, inside and outside of the company.
- Ability to work across business lines and organizational layers
- Ability to build consensus among others
- Ability to drive results outside of own functional organization
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren't simply a strapline: they are a part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach. Join us and you'll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunitiesWomen's perspective
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell as flexible, appealing and supportive a place for women to work as possible. We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies, backed by a leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme.People with an impairment
At Shell, we're all about top talent. End of story. We encourage anyone who may face an impairment to see Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that. If you'd like to apply, just let us know about your circumstances. We can support you throughout the process: from application, to interview, to your first day of a rewarding career with us.Disclaimer
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.