Skills: IT - Software Development
Location: Akershus, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identifies and keeps abreast of novel technical concepts and markets
- Assists in identifying and organizing technical requirements and specifications
- Builds prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and sets up and runs lab simulations
- Develops and executes tests for benchmarking purposes and system quality
- Implements and evolves prototypes from early stage to commercial products
- Evaluates technical strategic approaches and risks to produce development plans that ensure high quality and cost-effective products and systems
- Promotes internal knowledge sharing throughout the organization that may include user training development
- Actively support industry recognition and positioning of Schlumberger technologies via authoring technical reports, papers, articles and patents
- evaluate, validate, and implement technologies for oilfield use cases
- deliver code implementations in the form of micro services that demonstrate;
- features and scalability of technology solutions for time series, spatial, and relational data
- the use of analytics and traditional science-based algorithms in a cloud environment
- how modern user experience principles can be used in the frontend
- the interface boundaries between the subsystems
- build, package, and deploy software through quality and security processes for commercial purposes
- work on tasks using agile software development methodologies
- participate in project planning
- update task status when needed
- identify task dependencies and collaborate with team members
- evaluate and recommend effective training solutions for cloud and big data
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor / masters / PhD degree in science or engineering with software experience or education.
- Experience with public cloud IaaS and PaaS storage technologies (Google Cloud, Azure, AWS etc.) for storage, compute, and applications
- Experience with various hypervisors technologies
- Experience with user management, security and identity management
- Core competencies in NoSQL technologies (HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase, neo4j, OrientDB, etc.).
- Understanding of RDBMS
- Understanding of Apache Hadoop ecosystem internals and development (Hadoop, Map Reduce, HBase, Hive, Pig etc.) or OpenStack is a plus
- Familiarity with data transformation and integration tools and technologies desired (Spark, data flow, Kafka, Storm, etc.)
- Experience with Public key infrastructure and Digital certificate
- Some experience with Linux administration and Linux scripts is desired
- Familiarity with basic networking is plus
- Familiarity with parallel file systems is plus
- Understanding of schedulers, workload management, availability, scalability and distributed data platforms desired
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.