Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bergen, Hordaland, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
As a Software QA Automation Engineer, you will have an opportunity to apply web-based testing strategies and develop automated feature validation of our state-of-the-art digital well construction planning solution. You will be part of shaping new features, and ensure quality of deliveries, enabling users to achieve the highest quality and efficiency, honoring the highest standards in project management, built-in engines, concurrent collaborative engineering, and automated design validation. You will work in a cross-functional team of software developers and domain experts.
He/ She reports to Software Project Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop automated tests to reduce manual verification on existing features, with the target of full automated test validation
- Maintain existing automated tests and automated builds for integration and staging environments
- Be part of the development team and work closely with software developers, project manager and product owner to define feature specification
- Apply different testing strategies to evaluate new feature delivery
- Write manual test cases targeting user workflows
- Record issues found on integration/staging environments and verify fixes
- Participate in different types of release validation
- Actively communicate/collaborate with other testers, developers and operation engineers to identify or verify issues
- Report application testing status to QA Lead and QA Manager
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience. MS in Computer Science preferred
- Knowledge about or experience working with frontend technologies and frameworks
- Ability to configure test automation builds and automate testing of key user workflows
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and practices relevant to web development
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies like Kanban / SCRUM
- Good written and oral English communications skills
- 2+ years of experience testing Web applications
- Good understanding and experience with testing practices like acceptance, regression and sanity testing, API based testing, third-party test integration, stress and performance testing
- Good understanding and experience with test automation, including E2E and front-end UI test creation using test frameworks like Cypress or Protractor. Experience with Nodejs/ npm and PowerShell is an advantage.
- Familiarity with build management systems like TeamCity or VSTS build
- Familiarity with Git source control, pull request creation and pull request review
- A passion for engineering excellence and experience with test automation, agile project development, and bug and change management systems like Jira, VSTS
- Knowledge and experience with TDD is an advantage
- Ability to quickly and independently provide info related to the quality of a system, to identify the state and support the solution of business issues
- Strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Ability to track multiple simultaneous deliverables and work under pressure
- Significant advantage to have experience with presenting on workshops or conferences like NDC, DevOpsDays etc.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.