Skills: IT - Software Development
Location: Akershus, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Builds enterprise level machine learning architecture within our big data back end, designing algorithms to detect anomalies across large datasets
- Develop domain-aware pre-processing algorithms, and other methods to increase model generalization
- Identifies and keeps abreast of novel technical concepts and markets
- Builds prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and sets up and runs lab simulations
- Develops and executes tests for benchmarking purposes and system quality
- Promotes internal knowledge sharing throughout the organization that may include user training development
- Actively support industry recognition and positioning of Schlumberger technologies via authoring technical reports, papers, articles and patents
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor / Masters / PhD degree in science or engineering with software experience or education.
- Applied knowledge of statistical methods and applicable mathematical concepts
- Applied knowledge of Development Lifecycle Management, DevOps Automation methods and practices, Post-Production Model Monitoring and End-to-End Architecture and the ability to managing workloads over multiple nodes
- Experience with Python, Numpy, Scikit, Tensorflow, Keras or equivalent
- Understanding of Apache Hadoop ecosystem internals and development (Hadoop, Map Reduce, HBase, Hive, Pig etc.) is a plus
- Familiarity with data transformation and integration tools and technologies desired (Spark, data flow, Kafka, Storm, etc.) is a plus
- Some experience with Linux administration and Linux scripts is desired
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.