Job Description What's the role?
As Finance Advisor - New Energies, you'll represent our face of Finance, with a focus on identifying opportunities and spotting challenges, based around value and risk. From control framework concerns and performance management system issues, to large investments and complex contracts.
You can expect to be providing support across the whole finance spectrum, including tax, treasury, accounting, reporting, and credit and market risk. Combining your talent for problem solving with your knowledge of commercial drivers, so that you can challenge strategic rationale and integrate important financial analytics and insights into business decision-making.
More specific duties include:
- Ensuring value and risks are made transparent and understood in both decision-making and in performance management.
- Supporting a proper functioning control framework and making sure risks are properly understood, reflected and managed.
- The Finance Advisor New Energies will for a variety of activities/opportunities assigned to them based on Value/Risk (e.g control frameworks concerns, performance management system issues, large investments, complex contracts)
- Deliver the full suite of Finance support (including tax, treasury, accounting and structuring) autonomously and coordinate the involvement of Centres of Excellence above pre-agreed thresholds.
- Independently ensure that a proper functioning control framework is in place and that risks are properly understood, reflected and managed.
- Independently ensure value and risks are made transparent and understood in both decision making and in performance management.
- Ensure a fit for purpose performance management system is in place
- Actively look for opportunities to reduce non-value adding Finance activity ("demand management").
- Maximise use of Finance Operations in delivery of processes.
With responsibility for such a wide range of activities, this is a role where you can expect to access every opportunity to broaden your commercial skills and further develop your financial expertise.Company Description
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK's growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
In the New Energies business, we are exploring emerging opportunities globally and investing in those where we believe sufficient commercial value is available. We focus on new fuels for transport, such as advanced biofuels, hydrogen and charging for battery-electric vehicles; and power, which includes low-carbon sources such as wind, solar and natural gas.Our values
Shell is a company with shared values. Honesty, integrity, and respect aren't simply a strapline: they are a part of everything we do. What's more, Shell is an equal opportunities company, and we place the highest possible value on the diversity of our people and our inclusive approach. Join us and you'll belong to a world where you can feel pride in your achievements and propel your career with global opportunities
We care deeply about fostering a truly diverse workplace. We believe in doing everything we can to make Shell as flexible, appealing and supportive a place for women to work as possible. We help with things like our formal (and informal) flexible working. Like our global and transparent pay policies, backed by a leadership team fully supportive of our diversity ambitions. And we'll foster your career through our Women's Career Development programme.People with an impairment
At Shell, we're all about top talent. End of story. We encourage anyone who may face an impairment to see Shell as a place where you'll be fully supported to grow and develop your career. It's as simple as that. If you'd like to apply, just let us know about your circumstances. We can support you throughout the process: from application, to interview, to your first day of a rewarding career with us.Requirements
Finance Advisor New Energies will demonstrate
- Expertise across the spectrum of Finance competences.
- Ability to gain the confidence of various internal and external parties, building on strong knowledge and understanding of the business drivers, value and risk.
- Ability to decide when to involve Centres of Excellence and effectively play the independent Finance role.
- Problem solving mindset with the courage to ensure professional financial rigor is applied to commercial decision-making process, and risk management, as well as bringing analytics and insights to the table.
- Project management skills and flexibility to support across multiple activities/assets.
- Ability to rapidly understand the specific business or function.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.