Our client is looking for a Senior Environments Engineer for a 1 year contract, located in Westhill.
- Reporting into the Environment Manager, the Senior Environment Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the necessary competence and expertise is developed and maintained within the Environmental arena, ensuring compliance with Group HSE requirements. The role involves supporting the sharing of and continuous improvement in the specialist environmental engineering advice to the company, liaising with technical contacts and building strategy through internal and external professional institutions and bodies.
- Lead implementation of actions to improve environmental performance
- Monitor performance against the Environmental Improvement Plan and facilitate development of the plan
- Assist with ensuring accuracy of data used for reporting and monitoring environmental performance.
- Coordination of communication between regulatory parties and company (incl. subcontractors) and maintain status overview.
- Monitoring assurance activities and coordination of e verification activities on Safety & Environmental Critical Elements (SECE's) in line with the operational performance standards.
- Discusses the implementation of new legislation with relevant parties to ensure compliance and checks proper implementation of new legislation through audits.
- Representing the Company on industry committees and specialist forums involving legislative authorities and other oil and gas operators, ensuring the Company position and views are communicated and providing influence as appropriate.
- Promoting environmental best practice within the asset and minimising the potential for damage to the company's reputation.
- Hard working, self -motivated and flexible, able to adapt to a fast paced and changing environment.
- Operational experience
- Customer focused with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable representing the company at an industry level and leading/facilitating workgroups.
- Strong knowledge and experience of working in a engineering/environmental engineering or marine biology related role within the oil & gas sector.
- Capable of influencing the impact of emerging legislation and industry trends