Skills: IT - Software Development
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Schlumberger Technology Corporation has an opening in Houston, Texas for a Full Stack Software Engineer in the Digital Technology group.
The Full Stack Software Engineer develops web applications using 3rd party and in-house frameworks. The Full Stack Software Engineer utilizes shared components and develops back-end services and/or front - end web interface.
Relationships : Reports to Software Project Manager or Engineering manager.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Works with subject matter experts to clarify requirements
- Turns requirements and user stories into functionality
- Develops server-side services to be elastically scalable and secure by design. services shall be backward and forward compatible to ease deployment
- Develops web front end to be usable on multiple form factors
- Ensures the solution is depl oyable, operable and secure by default
- Applies usability procedures and principles as defined at project or product-line level or through customer input.
- Bachelors (or equivalent industrial experiences) / Masters / PhD degree in science or engineering with software experience or education.
- Core competencies in Web technologies: Angular 7/8, Java/Scala, Java S cript, Typescript, HTML5, CSS, SVG, and Node.js
- Cloud experience, preferably with GCP, AWS or Azure
- Solid knowledge of Restfularchitecture and use cases
- Knowledge /experience/awareness in maintainability and testing.
- Knowledge/experience/awareness with performance tuning(monitoring, load testing, caching, etc.) and security.
- Basic knowledge of application networking and troubleshooting
- Knowledge/e xperience /awareness in web application architecture development ( dynamic component composition, data navigation and business processes)
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
- Learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a good understanding of latest technology trends for developing back end for Cloud applications
- Work on a wide variety of tasks using emerging technologies
Schlumberger Digital Technology offers its professionals a broad aspect of interaction opportunities within leading software industry partners, universities and the large network of Schlumberger Technology Centers around the world, that support Schlumberger activities in more than 85 countries.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color , religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.