Skills: IT - Software Development
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Schlumberger Technology Corporation has an opening in Houston, Texas for a Back-End Software Engineer in t he Digital Technology group.
The Back-End Software Engineer develops the back end of a web application, i.e. handling the logic, database interactions, user authentication, configuration, etc. The Developer evaluates emerging technologies and provides strategic innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions to increase efficiency, reliability and integration of Schlumberger services and operations, working in a semi-autonomous environment where fast prototyping emerging technologies to solve industry-related problems is the rule.
Relationships : Reports to Software Project Manager or Engineering manager.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developer with server side applications
- Collaborate with the front-end developers, customers, users, and product managers to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Identifies and keeps abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- Provides technical leadership and documentation to developers and stakeholders.
- Applies usability procedures and principles as defined at project or product-line level or through customer input.
- Builds prototypes, products and systems that meets the project quality standards and requirements.
- Contributes to and supports re-use through common components that are well documented and tested.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors (or equivalent industrial experiences) / Masters / PhD degree in science or engineering with software experience or education.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
- Solid knowledge of Restfularchitecture and use cases
- Knowledge /experience/awareness in maintainability and testing.
- Knowledge/experience/awareness with performance tuning(monitoring, load testing, caching, etc.) and security.
- Basic knowledge of application networking and troubleshooting
- Knowledge/experience/awareness in web application architecture development (dynamic component composition, data navigation and business processes)
- Learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a good understanding of latest technology trends for developing back end for Cloud applications
- Work on a wide variety of tasks using emerging technologies
Schlumberger Digital Technology offers its professionals a broad aspect of interaction opportunities within leading software industry partners, universities and the large network of Schlumberger Technology Centers around the world, that support Schlumberger activities in more than 85 countries.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color , religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.