Skills: Design Engineer
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Menlo Park, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Location : Software Technology Innovation Center (STIC), Menlo Park, CA, USA
The Schlumberger Senior User Experience Designer e valuates emerging technologies and provides innovative UX solutions for the Schlumberger transformational services and products. The Sr. UX designer will play a key role to lead the UX design process and initiate the user-centered design culture to create products with the highest degree of UX. The Sr. UX designer will have extensive UX design skills including concepting, prototyping, visual design, and data visualization. This role will work collaboratively and iteratively with engineering, various stakeholders, and other tech center UX teams.
Relationships : Reports to Software Project Manager or Engineering manager.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with designers, engineers and other team members to translate interaction designs into wireframes and UI on multi-platform applications.
- Engage with development to understand platform capabilities, communicate design specifications, support agile development, presents high fidelity designs/mock-ups to the customer for review/iteration/approval
- Effectively communicate design solution across teams using engaging presentations, collaboration tools, prototypes, and narrative vision.
- Follow through project from research, concept development, design and production independently and with tight timeline
- Create wireframe, visual design and refine user experiences
- Lead UX workshop to align team's expectation and shape MVP
- Recruit new designers and participate in the hiring process when it's necessary.
- Managing and communicate with the strategic partners
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in User Experience, Interaction Design, Visual Design or or Master's degree in Human Computer Interaction or Fine arts and web design
- Experience in managing or collaborating with creative talent, creative agencies and developers.
- Experience creating of complex systems across multiple platforms (e.g. Web/Mobile/Desktop Application)
- Mastery of UX design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, etc,.
- Understanding of User Interface Design and the Design Process
- Familiar with latest HTML and CSS standards
- Learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and communication skills. Capable of juggling multiple projects and related complexities at the same time.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a good understanding of latest technology trends for developing back end for Cloud applications
- Work on a wide variety of tasks using emerging technologies
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
The Schlumberger Us e r Experience Designer will work at Schlumberger Software Technology Innovation Center (STIC) at Menlo Park, California. Schlumberger STIC is the newest facility of Schlumberger, located in the Silicon Valley, working in close collaboration with major players in the Valley network. The STIC offers its professionals a broad aspect of interaction opportunities within leading software industry partners, universities and the large network of Schlumberger Technology Centers around the world, that support Schlumberger activities in more than 85 countries.
STIC is part of the Schlumberger Software Technology organization, responsible for leading the Schlumberger digital technology initiatives. As the oil and gas industry's leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the Schlumberger digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry's digital technology transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color , religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.