Experience: 5 + Years
Location: Menlo Park, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Location: Software Technology Innovation Center (STIC), Menlo Park, CA, USA
Schlumberger Software Technology Innovation Center (STIC) is looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer, with demonstrated ability to design, develop and deliver solutions on multiple cloud platforms. Demonstrated skills and advanced knowledge of one or more public cloud platforms (GCP, Azure, AWS) will be essential to the position. Additionally, practical experience with Kubernetes eco-system will be invaluable to the position. The main expectation would be to help build solutions that can cross (public, on-prem) cloud boundaries.
Reporting to the project manager, the position enjoys a highly visible role within the organization, with opportunities to collaborate closely with leading technology players in the Silicon Valley network. This is a very hands-on role, where the candidate will be expected to lead from the front by owning solutions from inception to delivery.
• Collaborates with designers, developers, domain experts and product owners to implement scalable and interactive applications.
• Identifies and keeps abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
• Provides technical leadership and documentation to developers and stakeholders.
• May mentor others regarding technical matters.
• Builds prototypes, products, and systems suitable for testing.
• Contributes to design standards and supports design re-use.
• Interacts and engages with customers, users, product managers, and technical architects to understand needs and increase positive impact of users' experience.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
• Minimum five years relevant experience in Cloud computing, with significant portion of it on one or more public platforms (GCP, Azure, AWS).
• Proficiency in: Azure, identity management, solution architecture, Kubernetes are highly desired.
• Demonstrated proficiency in programming (Python, Java, C#, C/C++, node.js, etc).
• Interpersonal communication
• Oral and written communication
• Team player respected by peers
• Leadership in applying and mentoring best practices
The Schlumberger Hybrid Cloud Engineer/Architect will work at Schlumberger Software Technology Innovation Center (STIC) at Menlo Park, California. Schlumberger STIC is the newest facility of Schlumberger, located in the Silicon Valley, working in close collaboration with major players in the Valley network. The STIC offers its professionals a broad aspect of interaction opportunities within leading software industry partners, universities and the large network of Schlumberger Technology Centers around the world, that support Schlumberger activities in more than 85 countries.
STIC is part of the Schlumberger Software Technology organization, responsible for leading the Schlumberger digital technology initiatives. As the oil and gas industry's leading supplier of technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to customers worldwide, the Schlumberger digital technology development and management initiatives play a key role in driving of the oilfield service industry's digital technology transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.