Skills: Document Control, QA / QC / Inspection, Process Control
Other Skills: API experience a plus
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Frederick, Colorado, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Apergy is a leading provider of highly engineered technologies that help companies drill for and produce oil and gas efficiently and safely around the world. Products include a full range of equipment essential to efficient functioning throughout the lifecycle of a well - from drilling to completion to production.
We are currently seeking a QA Manager with experience in API Q1 and ISO 9001 to join our team in Frederick, CO. This is a high-profile leadership position with an opportunity to travel (up to 30%) to our manufacturing and sales field office locations throughout the US & Canada.
Engages in the continual improvement and maintenance of our quality program, including adherence to API Q1 and ISO 9001 requirements. Implements and maintains all aspects of the Quality Management system, while leading quality standards across our manufacturing and sales operations teams.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Leads and participates in complaint investigations, failure analysis of returned products
- Perform internal audits; generate audit reports and follow-up on audit observations.
- Ensures that corrective and preventive actions are defined, implemented and verified.
- Manages quality awareness and provide quality training to new and current employees.
- Reviews and maintains product drawings, certifications, and specifications.
- Conducts and develops review processes for vendor evaluations.
- Develops and implements work instructions aligned with quality processes.
- Ensures adherence to industry standards for the manufacture & assembly of product at our facilities and sales field offices.
- Prepares and delivers reports to management on status of quality management systems.
- Conducts research projects as required by management
- Supervises quality department staff to ensure efficient operation of the quality management systems.
- Applies and enforces API Q1 and ISO 9001:2015 to internal quality systems and processes.
- Assigns work to team members; provides guidance and feedback for team members in accomplishing tasks and goals; sets expectations and clarifies responsibilities.
- Knows and enforces compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Drives and contributes to the department continuous improvement culture.
- Maintains a clean and well-organized work area.
- Maintains confidentiality of all matters.
- Other duties as required.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications:
- Four-year college or university degree in Business or related field or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Master's degree in Business or related field.
- Five or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry required.
- Possess extensive knowledge of industry standards, API Q1 and ISO 9001.
We offer the oil & gas industry tomorrow’s technology, today. We’re a team of constant questioners and tireless innovators, empowered by a comprehensive portfolio of standard-setting wellsite technology. We get up every morning driven to fuel our partners in the field and better the world we all live in. Life runs on energy – let’s unlock it together.