Petal, Mississippi, United States
Petal, Mississippi, United States
Skills: Oil Terminal / Storage Management, Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Petal, Mississippi, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources is a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and is one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana and California. Targa owns, operates, acquires, and develops a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets. We encourage your interest in joining our team and pursuing the many opportunities we have at Targa.
Targa is currently seeking a Terminal Supervisor for their location in Petal, MS.
Job Duties / Responsibilities (specific to the Supervisor Position)
• Perform project oversite and management.
• Review meter proving's inspections, and maintenance.
• Maintain operator qualification records for PHMSA,DOT, FRA & MDEQ.
• Maintain all elements of PSM.
• Monitors process variables and conditions to ascertain the current state of the operated process.
• Supervises employees in product loading/unloading operations for trucks as needed.
• Monitors the usage of utilities, fuel, chemicals, etc. to prevent excessive consumption at current processing rates.
• Monitor and recognize dangerous and/or emergency conditions within the facility and performs procedures necessary to remove the condition or shutdown the process/facility in order to protect personnel and equipment.
• Works with coworkers in the response to emergency situations requiring coordination, equipment or plant shutdown, and/or evacuation
• Recognized malfunctions in individual equipment and get required repairs as needed.
• major maintenance that cannot be handled as part of normal operations.
• Reads, calculates, and/or estimates process flow rates, volumes, and other conditions and prepares operational logs and reports.
• Oversee audits and visits by government agencies.
• Ensure that liquid samples for analysis and testing are done by facility employees.
• Participates in preparation of operating procedures and the training of co-workers in safe and efficient operating practices.
• Performs ES&H work related duties as needed.
• Utilize and monitor all safe work practices and procedures including Lockout / Tagout performed by facility personnel.
Minimum Essential Qualifications (include physical requirements)
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Requires ability to ride a bicycle and drive a motor vehicle.
• Valid driver's license.
• Continued employment and promotion to higher levels achieved by demonstrating ability to perform required procedures in a safe manner and available openings.
• Ability to read and understand piping and instrumentation diagrams.
• Strong verbal and interpersonal skills that help establish a supportive climate with others.
• Basic job related computer knowledge.
• Able to climb and lift or push a minimum of 75 pounds. Candidate must demonstrate ability to perform rigorous outside duties including walking standing, climbing, stooping, squatting, bending, twisting kneeling, reaching, sitting, lifting, grasping, pushing, pulling, and manual dexterity.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Ability to lift, push, and pull 75 pounds.
• Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment.
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
• Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex).
• The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Qualifications (used as a tool to prioritize candidates that meet minimum qualifications)
• 5 years previous experience in the Oil and Gas Industry
• Experience with single & multi-stage high-pressure pumps, compressors, and gas fired turbines.
• Ability to troubleshoot process issues as required
• Experience in Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of saltwater disposal wells and product storage wells in salt domes.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.