Pettus, Texas, United States
Pettus, Texas, United States
Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pettus, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Targa Resources (Targa) is a leading provider of midstream natural gas and NGL services in the United States. We own and operate approximately 12,090 miles of natural gas and NGL pipelines, with natural gas gathering systems covering approximately 14,400 square miles and 21 natural gas processing plants. We have an expanding gathering and processing footprint across multiple shale and natural resource plays, including the Permian Basin, Barnett Shale, Bakken Shale, onshore Louisiana and the Gulf of Mexico.
The Plant Administrator is responsible for daily administration functions, including but not limited to, answering telephones, greeting visitors, and distributing mail. This person is also responsible for general correspondence, filing, reporting, and preparation/matching of invoices.
The Plant Administrator is able to work constructively and professionally in an office environment. This person must have strong communication/interpersonal skills as well strong computer skills, including extensive use of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and PowerPoint).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Respond to all inquiries from internal as well as outside sources and either handle the question, or refer to the appropriate person
• This position will utilize computer programs for the generation of correspondence, reports, chart statistics and excel sheets, power point presentations, and production data collection for report purposes
• Will participate pro-actively in the Targa safety process, including safety orientations
• Preparing correspondence and parcels to send by USPS, FedEx, UPS and distribute mail
• Acts as liaison between Houston office and the field office in coordination of matters related to job functions including payroll, accounting, and Human Resources functions
• Prepare/coordinate travel arrangements as needed
• Assist with meetings, lunches and meeting room arrangements
• Monitor/order and maintain office supplies for the department
• Perform other administrative duties as assigned
• Regular and reliable attendance
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
1. Education & License:
• Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Maintain a valid driver's license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company
• Associate's college degree (preferred)
• Minimum 1-3 years of work related experience required
• Previous administrative experience in the oil and gas industry (preferred)
• Previous experience supporting operations or engineering group (preferred)
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, provide continual attention to detail, flexibility to handle changing priorities and multi-tasking, while managing and meeting deadlines
• Ability to interact and communicate with professional courtesy, hospitality and tact to all levels of the organization in addition to external customers, contacts and other members of the financial and energy community
• Must be extremely organized
• High level of integrity and trustworthiness is required due to the sensitivity and confidentiality of some of the information and data that is handled
• Strong interpersonal skills. Position requires demonstrated professionalism, flexibility, tact, and diplomacy while working effectively with minimal direct supervision
• Conscientious about quality and timeliness of deliverables
• Be able to work constructively and professionally in an office environment
FREEDOM TO ACT:
Operates independently within approved guidelines, and with minimum supervision; delivers pertinent information in a timely manner.
• Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, with the ability to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective and the ability to work shifts for plant or field conditions
• Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs
• Ability to work in changing climate condition
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing
• Follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines (ex: eye protection, footwear, Nomex)
• We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
• This role is subject to drug and alcohol testing, per applicable federal regulations or as required by Targa
• Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers.html
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.